A Promise

Maxime Augustine's POV

"Okay class you all know the rules okay? So don't ever separate from the group the plains is dangerous!" Explained by Ms. Lorielle, but I didn't care and looked over the window.

It was night time and my class decided to go stargazing in our field trip, it wasn't anything exciting, I just find stars boring, I mean why waste money to ride a flying carrier with a griffin?

"Hey! Especially you Ms. Claxiana Levine, young miss, your parents have warned me about your curious tendencies, but please don't wander off on your own!" Ms. Lorielle begged.

I looked over my seat and saw the girl, Claxiana Levine, pouting. "Yes yes, Ms. Lorielle... I promise to not walk off the group by my own" Levine said with a sarcastic tone.

Irritated, Ms. Lorielle warned her, "Ms. Claxiana, this is a very serious matter, the plains is unsafe and we're only protected by a few mages, okay?"

"Fine! I really won't wander off on my own!" Levine said whilst pouting, then I heard her mumble something out, "Hmph I'm old enough anyways..!"

Nope! We're not, I don't think a grade 3 can walk alone safely! Ms. Lorielle then announced, "Alright class let's have an attendance real quick, and if I'm correct Mr. Mirach Is absent today, right?"

"Yes Ms. Lorielle!" Answered by my classmate, "Alright that concludes things, now starting off with... Mr. Augustine?" I shouted "Present!"

Ms. Lorielle continued with the attendance, everyone was present except my friend. Mirach Williams, one lazy guy and due to that I'm all alone.

I'm a pretty big guy myself and no one approaches to talk with me except that guy, so today is a little quieter...

Luckily our carrier reached the plains a little faster, I smiled to myself and was the first one to get out of the bus. Ms. Lorielle was kind enough to let me, the big guy exit first.

As I walk through the grassy plains, I see as the sea of stars shine bright upon the endless sky, maybe stargazing is not boring after all!

I then watched as my classmates get out one after the other, then I noticed Levine sneak out of the line. I tried to tell Ms. Lorielle but I'm too slow, so in the end I followed Levine..

Claxiana Levine's POV

Hmph! I'm old enough anyways! I angrily mumbled to myself. I just hope no one else heard me...

I really wanna go out right now, it's so boring inside the carrier! "Okay class prepare for landing! Tighten your seatbelts now, August! Do you need help?"

Curious, I looked behind me and saw my huge classmate! "Ah..no need Ms. Lorielle I can do it" Augustine answered with a soft-spoken voice.

Well he seems kind, but either way I'm excited! Can't wait to see the stars! I haven't looked at the window the whole ride, the anticipation is killing me..!

Our carrier slowly and gently landed among the plains, but I have to wait for big guy to exit first, after him I'm gonna sneak out and go to the hills! Hehe this is a perfect plan!

As Augustine walked out and my classmates formed a line, I sneaked out using my magic to make myself faster. An ingenious plan that no one will ever notice...

I ran into the lush bushes where the hills are, there were a lot of thorns but I'm small enough to not get scratched by them, hehe shorty power!

As I slowly make my way through, I heard a large grunt behind me, it started sprinting towards me making weird noises!