Obligation

Claxiana Levine's POV

As we made our pinky promise,  beautiful shooting stars made their way across the sky. My eyes were focused and I was totally mesmerized in a trance.

Then I heard August whisper something under his breath, "I wish..."
I asked, "What did you say?" Flustered August replied, "What! Oh nothing nothing, so uhh are you gonna make a wish?"

A wish? Hmm I wonder what my wish will be, hmm I guess that could work. "Well I wish for my parents to live long!" I smiled then I noticed August terrified eyes.

"What's... wrong? Is my wish bad..?" August backed up a little and said "Levine, on the count of 3 we'll run down the hill" Scared I suddenly held tight on his arm, "There's a pack of wolves after us...! Now run!"

August picked me up in his arms and fled off downhill, I looked back and saw the wolves with hungry eyes. There were a lot of them, more than I can count in my fingers!

As time went on I could feel the wolves getting closer, and August's breath became clearer as he was gasping for air. "August drop me off! I can run on my own!" I shouted with desperation, but he didn't hear it.

Or at least he didn't want to hear it, his eyes were focused and determined. As he braced himself against the thorns and his legs bruised by the stones.

I have to help him! After I snapped back to reality I chanted a spell, "Amélioration De La Vitesse!" I looked back again and could see the wolves farther away, it worked!

I chanted another spell to help August, "Ètreinte Chaleureuse!" His body began to warm up and his wounds slowly healed, "Thank you!" He said with exhaustion.

As August ran and ran and ran, we managed to get down the hill, but I know he couldn't keep it up any longer, then my worse fear happened; he tripped!

We fell down and as I looked back, August with barely any energy left didn't have the strength to get up. And the wolves howls and barks began to be louder and louder!

"C'mon August! Get up please! We can make it, I can see the carriers!" I desperately tried to pull August with tears flowing down my eyes. But he was too heavy.

"I'm sorry, If only I knew how to use magic... Ah wait!" He pulled out a small book from his jacket and drew some weird shapes on his arm.

Then he loudly chanted "Force De La Forêt!!!" His body began to be covered in wood, and he grew taller and bigger. He then confronted the wolves.

I smiled thinking it was over, but he looked back at me again and began to surround his large body to shield me!
"August what are you doing!??" I desperately screamed at him "Stop! Please! Ètreinte Chaleureuse! Ètreinte Chaleureuse! Ètreinte Chaleureuse!"

I kept chanting and chanting spells to heal him, but I could still hear his pain, the wolves kept biting and scratching him then he quietly said, "I'm sorry..I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...I'm too scared to face them..!"

Hearing him like this made me cry and I hugged him feeling sorry, if only I just listened to Ms. Lorielle! Wait? Ms. Lorielle! I suddenly remembered the whistle she gave us!

I pulled out the whistle from my bag and told August, "I'm so sorry August, please hang in there a little more..!" I blew the whistle as hard as I could, in the next moment Ms. Lorielle appeared! We're saved!

"Claxiana Levine! I will be expecting you to be willing to accept whatever punishment the school will give you, I assume?" She asked seriously "Yes Of course Ms. Lorielle!"