Chapter 4: A Royal Encounter

The day of the royal palace invitation arrived, casting an air of grandeur over the Blackthorn family estate. Damien's family gathered, adorned in resplendent attire that befitted their noble status. The grandeur of the occasion was not lost on Alex, still navigating the intricacies of Damien's life.

As they entered the opulent halls of the palace, murmurs of excitement and intrigue followed them. Alex, dressed in a suit that felt more fitting for a life of luxury, tried to blend into the regal surroundings. Unbeknownst to him, Adrian, the first male lead, had been eagerly awaiting this gathering.

Adrian, known for his charisma and romantic nature, watched as the Blackthorn family made their entrance. Yet, it was Damien who captured his attention. The atmosphere seemed to shift as their eyes met across the room. To Adrian, it felt like an enchanting spell had been cast upon him - love at first sight.

As Alex continued to immerse himself in a book under the shade of a sprawling garden tree, oblivious to the romantic spectacle unfolding, Adrian couldn't tear his gaze away. The rumors of Damien being mean, spoiled, and dumb momentarily faded from his thoughts, replaced by an unspoken connection that defied explanation.

However, to Alex, the encounter held no significance. He was consumed by the words on the pages, lost in the enchanting world of magic and history. Little did he know that his mere presence had sparked a whirlwind of emotions in the heart of the first male lead.

As the evening progressed, the royal court buzzed with activity. Alex, maintaining his low profile, remained engrossed in his studies. Unbeknownst to him, the tale of Damien Blackthorn began to unfold in the whispers of courtiers and nobles.

Adrian, captivated by the enigmatic allure of Damien, sought out others in an attempt to unravel the mystery surrounding him. "What do you know about Damien Blackthorn?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

The responses varied, painting a contradictory picture of Damien. Some spoke of his alleged cruelty, while others whispered of his brilliance. Adrian, torn between conflicting accounts, felt an inexplicable desire to uncover the truth behind the enigma that was Damien Blackthorn.

As the evening unfolded, Alex remained blissfully unaware of the impact he had made on the first male lead. Damien's reputation, a concoction of truth and fiction, cast a shadow over the unfolding narrative. Little did Alex realize that his seemingly inconspicuous presence had set in motion a series of events that would intertwine his fate with the unpredictable threads of love and intrigue in this fantastical world.

To be continued...