1.

︵‿ ⊹ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⊹‿ ︵

every summer, you head to your hometown and stay there until summer is over- until school starts back up again

every summer, you head to your hometown and stay there until summer is over- until school starts back up again. you're a soon-to-be junior in highschool, which you're not really thrilled for, it's a big step forward for you- since only two years ago you were just a freshman.

it takes a few hours to get there. your aunt, full name cho eunji, came all the way to where you stay for school to pick you up, driving you back to your hometown, where she lives- you call her jiji. it was just you and her in the car, her daughter and your cousin, nari, back at home waiting for you both. the car was filled with a comfortable silence as you hugged your bag on your lap, arms wrapped around it.

you glanced at your aunt sitting beside you, driving, whose eyes were glued to the road ahead of you both, her fingers tapping on the steering wheel lightly. your aunt jiji had golden skin with a hint of bronze, her shoulders were slightly darker then the rest of her skin from being sunburned. her nose had slight freckles on the tip and she had dark blue eyes, that looked almost gray, whilst nari's were a lighter baby blue.

when you finally arrived to the beach house, just a few miles away from the pretty beach you knew practically all your life, your eyes lit up. everything still looked the same as last summer, which wasn't very surprising, but it wasn't a bad thing either. you both hopped out of the car and outside smelled refreshing and salty like the ocean, like summer- like home. you went over to the trunk of the car, opening it and taking your suitcase out.

jiji took her keys out of her pocket as you both approached the front door, pushing it into the keyhole and twisting the door unlocked before opening it. you stepped inside first and the house was slightly cold, blasting air as always. it was hot outside anyway. aunt jiji called, "nari? we're home," you watched her hang the keys back up on a small hook beside the door and walk over to the kitchen. you followed right behind her, your suitcase rolling along with you.

almost immediately after jiji's call, instead of hearing your cousin nari's swift footsteps echoing in the hall, you instead hear a quick skidding or padding sound paired with a loud panting. you looked over to the hallway it was coming from and a big, golden dog would emerge from it, running towards you, as you were the first he saw.

you couldn't help but giggle as he leapt up onto you, his paws pressing into your stomach and nearly knocking you over once he got to you- his name was sunny, nari and aunt jiji's pet dog. he was a golden retriever breed, always looked like he was smiling and everyone called him 'susu'. "hey susu," you smiled at the dog, who barked happily in reply at your greeting and you began to scratch behind his ears.

after a bit, a girl enters the kitchen aswell, stretching her arms. her cheeks flushed as always and her shoulder-length dark hair bleached from the sun into a somewhat dark brown- nari. she smiled as soon as she saw you, "hi, seoha." she said, walking over to you and sunny, petting his golden fur aswell before she went to hug you, a citrus-like perfume scent lingering on her- nari only ever wore that perfume when she was going out.

"nari," you started, pulling away from the hug first, an obvious question in your hazel eyes. it seemed your cousin noticed, the way she hummed and tilted her head to the side slightly, the way she always did when she was curious and listening. "are you going somewhere?" you smiled, asking innocently. "oh, yeah!" nari beamed, taking your hands into hers, which were always warm. "i'm going to the beach, to swim and stuff. wanna come with?"

you agreed and you both looked over to your auntie, nari's mother. aunt jiji grinned, seemingly happy you two were going to immediately hangout right after uniting, her chin on the palm of her hand. "go ahead, only if you take susu. he still needs a walk," both your gazes moved over to sunny, who was sitting by nari's feet, tail sweeping back and forth against the floor, his tongue hanging out his mouth as always. "okayy, fine," nari finally replied in defeat, kneeling down to play with the dog's pointy ears.

"nari, i'm gonna change," you put a hand on her shoulder and told her, watching your cousin look up at you and nod. now that you looked at it, susu and nari really looked alike. you shook it off then walked over to the guest room with your suitcase rolling behind you- your room, like it always was whenever you came over. it was slightly plain, but you liked it, because it had a big window beside your bed with a beautiful view of the beach and small town outside.

────────✿•✿•✿────────