2.

︵‿ ⊹ ୨ ♡ ୧ ⊹‿ ︵

once you finished changing, nari and sunny were waiting in the living room, sunny on a leash now

once you finished changing, nari and sunny were waiting in the living room, sunny on a leash now. nari immediately noticed you, a totebag on her arm and a colorful ball in her other hand. "ready to go?" she asked and you nodded, walking over to stroke sunny's head. "see you later, jiji," you told your auntie, looking back to wave at her. "have fun," she replied, returning a wave of her hand.

you two chatted on the way to the beach, it was a pretty hot day- but it would all be worth it by the time you get to the beach. you wanted to jump into the water right as you got there. apparently, nari also had a boyfriend now. "really?" you asked, looking at her as she smiled giddily. "yeah, his name is daehee. he moved here a month ago," nari told you. you hummed before asking, "then how long have you two been dating?"

"just a few weeks. oh, i wanted to go get icecream," nari glanced over to the little boardwalk by the beach as you both approached. "i'll go get some, here, take susu." she handed you sunny's leash and toy ball and sunny would bark impatiently, tail wagging vigorously as he eyed the beach. "okay, can i have vanilla?" you asked your cousin, who had already turned to walk to the icecream vendor. nari gave you a thumbs up, then waved at sunny, right before he lost all patience and began to run towards the beach, dragging you right along with him.

the sand was hot and golden as your feet sunk into it like quicksand, the sand getting into your sandals and slightly burning you. you walked down the sandy hill towards the crashing waves and found a spot to chill on the sand, but didn't have anything to lay out. "hm, nari has all the stuff with her..." you looked down at sunny, who was now digging up into the sand with his paws and knelt down to pet him. "i guess we'll have to wait until she comes back."

it's been a few minutes and you decided to sit down on the sand, not minding that it would get on your shorts. sunny pawed at the ball still in your hand, and you looked at him. "want to play?" you asked, watching his pointy ears perk up as he sat there in front of you. you tossed the ball not too far away, but still a good distance and watched as the golden retriever immediately jumped up and ran to get it, taking it into his mouth.

sunny returned and dropped the ball in front of you, pushing it a little more towards you with his nose, urging you to throw it for him again. you couldn't help but giggle, throwing the ball again and watching him dart after it eagerly, returning it to you over amd over again. a few rounds of fetch pass and you toss the toy once more, your gaze following it as it bounced off someone's leg. you immediately got up, following the eager sunny, feeling your ears burning up.

"i'm sorry," you said as you approached the stranger the ball had hit, a boy. he had been able to pick up the ball before you or sunny even could, and he grinned. he had cherry red hair that glowed even more brightly red in the sun, a red visor hat and his shirt was red and white. "no worries," he told you, smiling at you before his gaze moved down to sunny, the dog's beady eyes staring up at him and tongue lolling out of his mouth.

"is this yours?" the boy asked playfully, waving the ball in front of sunny's face. sunny barked eagerly, looking as if he was ready to jump onto the red-haired boy. he looked like a lifeguard, maybe he did work around the beach. he then threw the ball, not too far, and the dog would run right after it. before you could say anything, he'd ask curiously, "golden retriever?"

you perked up and looked back at him, slightly relieved  that he had asked that. if any silence had continued on between you two, you'd probably have started blurting random things nervously, or even worse, more apologies. "yeah," you smiled. "what's their name?" the boy would put his hands in his pockets, glancing at the dog behind you every now and then. "sunny, but i call him susu." just then, you'd feel a furry sensation on your leg- sunny's tail slapping against your leg as he looked up at the stranger pleadingly, ball in his mouth.

"susu?" he repeated, bending down to pet sunny and taking the slobber-covered ball gently from him, "that's cute." it was quiet for a few seconds as the cherry-haired boy stroked sunny's fur, and you felt a nudge on your shoulder. you looked up to see your cousin staring down at you, her gaze flicking between you and the boy and her hands holding two cups of different flavored icecreams. she raised her brows and you stammered slightly as you looked over to him.

"oh, i'm gonna go now." you said as you quickly stood up, dusting sand off your shorts before taking sunny's leash into your hand. "alright," the red-haired boy spoke, standing up as well. he waved at you and sunny. you turned to leave with your cousin, holding the leash as nari handed you your cup of vanilla icecream.

────────✿•✿•✿────────