DISCOVERY

Note: HELLO!! i was gone for soo long! it's because i have university and i couldn't give time even for myself! HAHAHA anyway, doesn't mean it's already my semestral break. i still have my thesis defense on Tuesday :( wish me luck huhuhu.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm so sorry if it's too short! I'll make it longer next time!

Yuji is preoccupied after their last conversation with Mr. Ryomen, who resides in the temple of the goddess of love. It keeps replaying through his mind like a broken record. He can’t seem to get it out of his system, knowing the man likes him romantically.

“Can you imagine that?! Can you imagine that, Yuji Itadori?!” Yuji screams out of nowhere, causing his grandpa to yell at him.

“Why the heck are you shouting, Yuji?!” his grandfather yells back, causing Yuji to jolt in surprise and immediately apologize for disturbing him while he watches a sports channel.

“Finish what you are cooking, Yuji, and make sure you study and do your school activities. I heard you are conducting a recent research project in your school nowadays. Is that why you're frequently going out? If so, it’s good to know you are being productive besides that paranormal club you attend. You have some knack of sense on your head there, huh?” his grandpa remarks. Yuji tastes the food first before turning off the oven, hums, and answers his grandpa's question about his recent activities. Since it's a habit of his to update his grandpa about his daily activities, but he's afraid to mention Mr. Ryomen, fearing his grandpa will discover his grandson is gay.

"To answer your question, Jii-chan, it is still about my current club. However, this time we need to present this research for the next event, and you were correct, this is for the school, Jii-chan." Yuji collects two bowls of miso and rice balls that he made for his grandfather Wasuke and walks over to the elderly man, laying the food in front of his grandpa's table. Wasuke, on the other hand, raises an eyebrow as he notices his grandson grinning at him.

“You seem to like this research endeavor you are conducting. For someone who is not interested much in school, you look like you are having fun doing this. Look at you, kid. Grinning ear to ear,” Wasuke points out while accepting Yuji's offered food.

Yuji's eyes widen, and he fake laughs immediately as a defense mechanism. “Nuh, uh. It’s just this research is fun, Jii-chan. It is also interesting. You might like to hear the half of the story of it. You might know some of the story, and you can help with some useful information regarding this study.”

Wasuke sips his miso soup and gently eats the rice cake, savoring every bite of the delicacy Yuji prepared for him. "Hmm, it depends on the type of story or history your school is presenting. Even if I'm still disappointed to hear you're still in that occult club. Are you not going to ask me where I got this information?" His grandfather looks at him, and Yuji tilts his head, comprehending what he is trying to express.

"Oh! Yuji replies, "That's probably Fushiguro who told you,” And Wasuke scrunches his face, brows meeting.

“How did you even know that, even that little brain of yours can think?” Wasuke mocks his grandson, and Yuji looks at him with disapproval.

“You’re so mean, Jii-chan,” Yuji remarks as he chomps down on his food. The old man laughs, seeing his grandson being such a child sometimes.

“Anyway, aside from that, what is it you want to ask about your research, Yuji?” Wasuke brings up again where they left off, and Yuji's eyes glisten upon hearing it again. He flashes his smile and proceeds to tell the summarized history he read, the articles he discovered, and adds the story Mr. Ryomen provided. Wasuke listens and nods, slightly scratching his head as if trying to recall something.