Escapade

[Yuri's POV]

It was afternoon when we got back to Seoul. Sunghoon didn't go back home right after he dropped me and Jungwon off, instead, he stayed at Jungwon's house to chill for a while, claiming he's completely worn out. Although I wanted to spend more time with them, I also needed a rest and some alone time. Plus, I had an assignment to finish off before the end of next week. As soon as I stepped into my house, I took out my phone to facetime Sunoo.

After ringing exactly 3 times, Sunoo picked up,

"Heyyy, just got home?"

"Mhmm, it's kind of tiring."

"I know, right? Sunghoon-hyung didn't even call and inform me. Well, he's a stranger after all."

Sunoo complained, with his sulky and sarcastic tone.

I laughed softly and replied, "He might be tired and dozed off right now at Wonnie's home."

"Fair point, he drove for the whole journey. He might get some shut-eye."

Sunoo continued,

"By the way, is there something between you and Sunghoon? The atmosphere last night and this morning was quite fishy."

I sighed, "It's nothing. I feel that oddness too but neither can I find out the reason."

"I see. Anyways, take a big rest during the weekend and start next week with full energy, Yuri."

Sunoo is like a cheerful kid. He's almost always positively optimistic but I don't mind that since his cute little behaviors and words can cheer me up.

"Alrighty! Will be waiting for you to come to Seoul next month."

We ended the call. Afterward, I put my phone beside me and straightly hit the sack without even letting myself overthink about Sunoo's weird-but-true questions.

Something's buzzing constantly. *bzzt bzzt bzzt*

I ran my hands around me to locate my phone to check if the vibrations came from it. Surely enough, I got provoked as my slumberland was distracted, getting up without the willingness and pick up the phone.

"Hello..." I answered with my crackled voice.

"It's already 7 pm. Are you not waking up?" It's Sunghoon's voice.

I checked the screen to ensure it was Sunghoon or not. IT WAS.

"Does it even matter though? I planned to sleep until the next morning. Sunghoon, you're such a..."

He interrupted, "Hey, no curse words."

"Whatever, I'm gonna hang up now."

He rushed out his words, "Wait, we're going to EAT BBQ. Do you wanna come with us?

"Not in appetite right now, I just wanna hug my bed."

"Are you not really coming???" He asked to confirm.

I nearly raised my voice volume to 100, "Do you wanna hear my answer in Mandarin? 不去 (Bù qù - not going)" and hung up the phone.

No messages or phone calls after that. 

[The Next Morning]

I buoyantly enjoyed my dreamland for the next hours until the next morning. It wasn't that freshening as well since I slept for many hours, which was by then giving me severe headaches.

What could I even do anyway? I had to be immersed in the world of assignments. My phone buzzed with a KakaoTalk message. It's from Jay and it reads:

Jay: Did you have fun?