Park

[Yuri's POV]

Monday arrived, and I found myself staring at the clock, counting down the minutes until the end of my classes. As always, Jay's playful yet oddly affectionate behavior sat behind me with his constant chatter.

"What's your favorite band of all time?" Jay leaned over and whispered.

I got distracted by the lecture that I couldn't care less about.

"Can you please let me live for a second to focus on the lecture?"

Jay chuckled, "Come on, we all need a little therapeutic chat."

As if on cue, my phone buzzed. I sneakily checked the message under the desk. It was Sunghoon's.

Another whisper from the back.

"You're free to check your phone but not to answer back my simple question to get to know you more."

"Yes." I simply answered while typing the response to Sunghoon's texts which read that he was picking me up.

Even after our chatting on the phone ended, Jay didn't stop talking. So for the sake of my ears, I answered.

"I like CAS and the 1975."

"How about Nirvana?"

"Who doesn't like them? I'm just mentioning whom I listen to the most."

The more I answered his questions back, the more questions he added. So, the rest of the class was a blur, but as soon as it ended, I packed up my things and made my way out of the classroom.

Jay, true to form, followed me inseparably.

"Meeting with Jake?"

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously."

"Where are you going to meet up?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Just thought I'd offer my escort services. You know, because I'm a distinguished gentleman."

I scoffed, "I'll pass."

Jay leaned in with a playful grin,

"Come on, Yuri. I'm a great multitasker. I can be the entertainment while Jake works on the assignment."

I sighed, "Never mind. Do whatever you want."

I headed to the cafe near the campus, and Jay was walking along with me. As I pushed the entrance door of the cafe, Jake gave me a frowning face. He might be asking the question, "Why did that dude come?", in face expression.

As soon as I sat down in front of Jake, he muttered,

"Didn't you tell him not to follow you around? He's getting creepy."

I shook my head. Meanwhile, Jay went to the counter and was ordering food and beverages for us.

Jake chuckled, "Seems like he's not one to follow instructions."

It was quite annoying, but I couldn't deny that his presence brought a certain liveliness to the usually mundane atmosphere.

As we continued our work, Jay approached our table with a mischievous grin.

"Need any help, Yuri? I'm a master at procrastination, but I can be surprisingly productive too."

I exchanged a glance with Jake, both of us amused by Jay's antics.

"No thanks, Mr. Gentleman. We're good," I replied, trying not to let my smile show.

But Jay didn't take no for an answer.