Chapter 4

Your mind slowly comes into the conscious realm. In your sleepy state, you are perfectly at ease. That is until you feel a strong presence in your mind. It shrouds around you in a green cloud of smoke.

In a panic you throw up a mental wall slamming out the curling suffocating smoke. Your body responded in kind by jumping out of bed and landing with a thud on the rug below.

Severus shot up and slammed himself into the headboard, knees drawn up, and arms wrapped around himself. He hid his face in his arms.

"What the fu..." you start but then see Severus shaking and muttering.

You stand up, brushing the hair out of your face, you slowly crawl back on the bed.

"Severus?" You say softly and reach to touch his leg. He flinches away with a sharp breath.

"Severus, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

"I'm not scared!" He snapped lifting his head.

You gave him a soft smile, "no you're right you're not scared. I'm still sorry for whatever that was" you waved an absent minded hand towards where you had fallen out of bed. Severus straightened himself out on the bed again.

"What... what was that? "

"Did you feel the smoke too!?" You asked concerned "do you still feel it now? Close your eyes!"

Severus was taken aback by the bombarding of questions. He started to shake his head no and then quickly covered his eyes.

"Wait what smoke? What about that giant wall and why are my eyes closed?"

"You felt a wall?"

"Yea it felt like I was smacked in the face by a giant metal wall."

"Severus," you started carefully "were you inside my mind?"

"Well I umm.. " He gave a half shrug, his hands still over his eyes. "Yes. I mean I didn't mean to ... exactly. I was just.. well sometimes I just... but I thought once I was asleep it would kind of like I guess turn off."

"You really are a legilimens?"

Severus nodded, "I'm sorry Lyra I didn't mean you look into your mind. It was just an accident at first but then I kept doing it when I wanted to feel comfortable or safe or to make sure you still like me..."

You grabbed both his hands and pulled them down away from his face. Setting them in his lap you then cupped his face and pulled him closer. You brush your lips against his and then try to pull back to gage his reaction but instead Severus wrapped both his arms around your neck and pulled you against his chest. You quickly move your legs to either side of his hips as he kisses you, pulling your bottom lip into his mouth, his tongue swiping across it before letting it slip into your mouth.

He pulled back suddenly, "wait why did I have to close my eyes?"

You sigh, "really Severus you should do some research into magic before you just start using it all willy nilly"

You adjust yourself so you are straddling his lap, your hands rest between you two, and you can look at him. You feel his cock flex underneath you and you give him a coy smile, "do you think you can focus like this?"

He licks his lips and then nods. "Yes please ignore that" he says not meeting your eyes.

"Well, first of all I told you to cover your eyes because I didn't know who was in my mind before I shut them out and I was worried they might be watching through your eyes."

Snape was truly puzzled now, "you mean to say I could see current events not just thoughts or memories?"

"Some can, it's powerful magic. I can achieve some insight with a spell but you seem to do it just on whim" you said with a slight question to your tone. Severus nodded and you continued, "so by covering your eyes they couldn't see out, even if they could still listen or see in your mind."