Nat

Slumped against the wall, I saw a figure approaching. "Coming to finish me of?!" I shouted, as I wiped blood of my forehead. The voice replied in the calmest voice possible, "I only wish to ask where it is." I spoke with utter disgust, "You don't even know what IT is", my voice shaking as I put my hand in my ripped jeans' pocket.

"Tell you what, why don't you hand it over and not meet your end, hmm?" "I'd rather die than give you what is most precious to me", hoping he doesn't notice the anguish in my voice. "Fine, so be it." With one swipe he revealed what looked like a sword though instead of a long thin blade I saw a thick metal pole and at the end I saw a sharp blade.

"Any last words before I make a hole in your heart?" I had noticed that there was pain and despair in his tone. "Why'd you do it?" I asked as he raised his contraption in the air. "It was the hardest choice of my life," he replied tears now rolling down his cheeks. "Was it?" trying to keep the anger inside of me. "You would have done the same," he said as he started lowering his weapon. "You don't know that, you just think that I would have done it because you did it." My tone rising as my blood started to boil. How could he lie to my face as he's about to kill me? How? "You know I wished I could change my decision but they wouldn't let me", his voice starting to tremble as he slowly started to break down into tears.

"They?" asking as if I didn't know who he was talking about; "You know who I'm talking about, I've always talked about them and I always will." He raised his weapon as he said the last words I heard forever, "I have to do this, you know I do, so goodbye. I love you" he whispered as he slashed at me. It came slowly; death.

I felt numb as everything around me turned black. It felt as if I was going to bed after a long day. I watched as he silently walked away from me, hearing his stifled sobs. "You'll never find it. Never." He stood for a moment but a moment too long, for when he moved his mouth I blinked and everything went black and I found myself floating. Upwards and upwards until............