The Mullens

"Get up, Lydia," Laurel called from the door frame of her daughter's bedroom, "Binners, come help. She got your deep sleeping gene!" Laurel complained down the steps of the large house.

"Coming!" Binners called as he raced up the steps.

Binners slowly crept up on his daughter, and knelt down to her ear, ignoring the skeptical look from his wife.

"Oliver," Binners whispered in Lydia's ear, and immediately, she jolted up and said frantically:

"Olivers here? Can we have a round of Quidditch?"
"Oh..you tricked me!" Lydia complained.

"Well, it's September 1st, d'ya wanna be late or not to see Oliver?" Laurel said, and she wiggled her eyebrows at her 15 year old daughter.

"Ew, mum," Lydia fake gagged as she rolled her eyes, but couldn't keep the smirk off of her face.

"I'm going to get changed, move along now," Lydia said as she got out of bed. As the door shut, Lydia walked to her wardrobe and opened it.

She looked around and grabbed a white tank top and a black shirt to go along with her leggings that had darker patches along the knees, where she had ripped them but her mother sewed back together.

She put them on and walked to her body-length mirror and did a little spin.

As she looked at her blonde hair, she decided to curl it, and put it half-up-half down.

"Lydia?" Her mother called as Lydia slipped on her dirty white converse.

"Coming! Just hold on!" Lydia yelled back in reply. She stood back up, and looked at herself. She always had insecurities. Everyone does.. right? She always believed herself to be overweight, ugly, and annoying. Though Oliver always told her otherwise. That's why she always considered him her best friend.

She grabbed her trunk and raced down the steps quickly, stopping at the open window to the kitchen.

"Can you bring a waffle out for me?" Lydia pleaded.

"Sure," Her mother breathed, and she went to the freezer. Lydia thanked her and grabbed her pet cat, Chase. Not only did she name her cat the shortened version of the spot she played in, Chaser, but also because her little cousin was named Chase. At the age of six, she watched her cousin drop to the floor dead while they were playing outside. She had gone up in a tree to grab a kite, and Death Eaters appeared out of nowhere, and shot the killing curse at him. It was mortifying.

She now felt awfully weird whenever she pointed out the skeleton-like horses that guided the carriages. She was planning on asking Hagrid what they were.

She put her luggage in the back of their Honda, and walked to the front seat.

"Ah, ah, ah. That's my seat," Binners said to her.

"You snooze you lose. Plus, I'm in fifth Year! I should be able to sit up here," Lydia complained.

"Fine. But just for now," Binners said as he walked to the drivers seat, Laurel sitting behind him in the backseat.

"Don't worry, you won't have to deal with me for.. a year maybe?" Lydia joked. She hadn't told her parents anything big about her school life, or, more so anything that would bother her. She didn't want her parents to worry. That's why they still hadn't figured out that she could see Thestrals.

As they set off, Lydia turned up the radio.

But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it
I try so hard, I can't rise above it
Don't know what it is 'bout that little girl's lovin'
But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it