Sorting Ceremony

As the train ride came to a stop, we all grabbed our luggage, and, thankfully, Chase had been able to get inside my trunk so I didn't have to worry about him.

We walked outside and heard the familiar yells of, "Firs' years! Firs' years!" Coming from Hagrid.

"Hi Hagrid!" I yelled out the large man, and he waved back at me. I seriously needed to ask him about the skeleton-like horses.

"Can you still see what's pulling the carriage?" Katie asked me as we filed into one.

I nodded silently as I stared out at them. They're really beautiful, but I felt weird that only I could see them.

Our conversation shifted to Quidditch, typical, and Oliver discussed what his tactics were going to be.

"Are we all still Chasers?" I asked, and he nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course! I wouldn't trade you guys for the world!"

I touched a hand to my heart and swayed, wiping a fake tear, "Oh! Oliver loves us!"

"Okay if you keep that up then you're gone."

I stopped, but still had a small smirk on my face.

We reached the beautiful castle soon enough, and we hopped out with our luggage and placed it in the Entrance Hall with all the other trunks and cages. We made our way to the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony.

"I'm so hungry," I pouted as I drew circles on my shiny plate.

"Oh shush," Angelina said.

McGonagall soon came out with the stool and stitched up Sorting Hat.

She placed the hat on the stool and it opened it's mouth.

"Oh here we go," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The Sorting Ceremony continued after that ungodly long song, and everyone stopped paying attention until we heard two words.

"Potter, Harry."

Whispers immediately broke out about the Boy Who Lived.

"If he's not in Gryffindor we're done for," I whispered in Oliver's ear.

He sat on the stool, and we all waited.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It finally shouted, and our red and gold table immediately broke into loud cheers and whoops.

Though the Sorting Ceremony continued, the Gryffindor table was not quiet. We kept wanting to talk to Harry. Especially Oliver. He said he looked like he had a nak for Quidditch. I didn't have time to remind him that he lived with his muggle aunt and uncle and probably couldn't play Quidditch.

Soon, the food appeared on the table, and everyone shut up as we stuffed our faces with the variety of foods.

I ate the chips that were seasoned perfectly, and the crisps that had a perfect crunch to it. At the end, I was leaning on Oliver holding my stomach.

"I ate too much..." I whined as he also gave up on finished his mountain of food.

"That's your fault," Oliver said sarcastically.

At the end of the feast, I couldn't pay attention to Dumbledore because, with my head still on Oliver's shoulder, we continued to talk about Quidditch tactics.

"Now, off to bed. Pip pip," Dumbledore finished, and the sound of shuffling feet and scraping could be heard as everyone got up.

"I can't believe we got Harry Potter. I mean, Harry Potter!" I said, mesmerized. We reached the portrait of the Fat Lady, and we had to wait until 'Perfect Prefect Percy' came and let us in.

Once we were able to get in, we dispersed our own ways into the common room.

I looked around at the room. It had red plush chairs, and every comfy surface was decorated with either a Gryffindor blanket, or a blanket with a Lion on it. Every comfy surface was also scattered with red frilly pillows. The house elves do a really good job. The fire was already lit, and the rug was straightened out. Above the fire was a picture of Godric Gryffindor who waved at everyone when they walked by. We also had pictures of other Gryffindor students who created an implant on Gryffindor or Hogwarts, and also some Gryffindor relics like the ruby encrusted Gryffindor sword.

We had lion portraits everywhere, that would roar if you weren't polite to them. 

I plopped down on the armchair closest to the fire, and had a nice chat with Godric Gryffindor as I waited for Oliver to arrive. When he arrived, he passed me his notebook so I could draw out what his plan was.

I started with the whole Quidditch field, then the hoops, and then little sticks. I put the name Oliver over the stick closest to the hoops, and put the names Lydia, Katie, Angelina, and Alicia hovering all around the field. I then put the word Seeker on the stick that was highest.

"This good?" I asked him as I showed him his notebook.

"Perfect Lyds, thanks," He said, and I gave him his red notebook back.

"I'm going to bed, night Oli," I said, and I left tup the steps with Katie.

I changed into some red plaid pajama pants and a maroon colored T-Shirt.

"Where's the ring?" Katie asked me as we climbed into bed.

"What ring? I don't know what you're talking about."

"The ring Oliver proposed to you with, of course!"

I jolted upright, "Katie!"

She giggled and I threw my pillow at her.

"You're not denying!" She said through her fit of giggles, and gave my pillow back. I rolled my eyes and turned away from her so I was facing the window in our dorm. Katie, Angelina, Alicia, and I all shared a dorm room. I looked out and saw a light flicker off in Hagrid's hut. Then I saw the Forbidden Forests' trees rustle, and 3 skeleton-like horses fly out. I need to ask Hagrid about those.

WELL! How  was this chapter for you guys? And tell me how you think about this updating schedule of mine. That's the 2 chapters for today! Love you guys!