Prologue/Origins

I am posting a preview with occasional updates to introduce this project to my wattys. 
All Updates are on Patreon and Neobooks 
To comply with guidelines I will not be posting here much as I have already lost 2 wattaccounts. So, I would love for you to read this but I can only do so much to get the stuff out there while maintaining the story the way I want to present it. 

Have you ever wondered what people think of you? How do they perceive you? And whether it's aligned with how you perceive yourself? If you answer me honestly, I would tell you we all feel like that... At some point someone wonders this, and I feel that that is completely normal and natural... to worry or at the very least wonder if you are perceived a certain way.

If you told me no, I would say you're either lying to either yourself or to me... or maybe I wouldn't say that... I might let you bask in the delusion that you are and always have been so secure with yourself... who knows... maybe you're not lying...

But...

In my experience, everyone had worried or wondered this exact thing before... and that's okay, there's nothing wrong with it...

...until that thought and notion consumes you...

This is the story about how this very idea consumed me... it took everything from me... it was on my mind 24/7 for... years... this story is also how I broke free from that personal Hell I built myself...

Now, I will tell you some information, whether you read this years from now, or if you read this in current events... I want all of us on the same page...

In the year 2024, what we call "The Great Radiation" happened, the distant star Betelgeuse went supernova... this massive galactical event showered our planet with enough Gamma rays and radiation to wipe out two-third of the planet's population. Cities fell into despair, Governments fell. Disorder... well it was everywhere. We knew it would happen soon, or at least the scientists did, and they did warn us, but like all the other things that had happened in this century, predictions... well predictions of doomsday type situations were taken with a grain of salt... however on January 15, 2024 this star's eruption swept over our solar system and brought about a mini end of the world...

Now this "End of the World" wasn't what we all would expect, hell I wasn't even born, I wasn't even a thought yet... but as 'People', our world would end as we knew it. Our Governments across the globe had no idea what to do... Two-Thirds of the world's population.... About 5.2 BILLION PEOPLE died. In the blink of an eye... for some of the population it was quick... for some symptoms manifested over the course of a few days, people grew boils and burns. They experience rapid changes in their bodies that cause heart attacks, seizures... it was... well according to my mother, it was the worst thing to ever experience.

So many people had died... Governments fell, some managed to survive, barely holding on by a thread. The American Government, well it was resilient, and was not unfamiliar with civil unrest. The American Government was a different breed. They moved quickly, replacing the President, the VP, and anyone else who had succumbed to The Great Radiation. They hung in there...like the formidable bastards they were...

It wouldn't be until 2030 that the American Government and other surviving Governments around the world would catch some semblance of relief. 16 years after a massive wave of extinction eradicated parts of the globe... a new species of Sapiens emerged... better... mostly... stronger... more talented...

This new subspecies was called "Meta-Sapiens''. A breed of humans that were the coming generations of the survivors of The Great Radiation. Mutated by the environment... This is where I came in... I am a part of that first generation of "Meta's".