I. Lemurian Star

Author's Note: Fallen - Captain America:The Winter Soldier OST, by Henry Jackman

Enjoy!

____________________________________

The ocean.

~:Electricity...:~

It is a powerful, untamable beast.

~:It is a cruel, vindictive thing.:~

Who is humanity to deny its raw, unrivaled prowess in the face of man's eagerness to challenge its authority?

~:Who is she, a woman, to flatter the voltage with the shredding of vocal cords in the midst of her blood boiling from the inside out?:~

What power would one hold if not to soothe the torrential waters and ebbs that threaten to consume all of the world? How dark and occluded they have become, letting not a soul pierce the veil and steal away a glimpse of themselves in the past, present, and future.

~:What rage she must feel to be so capable yet equally as powerless to stop the current of pain frying her from the inside out. Wanting nothing more in the world but to escape from the jaws of death pinning her to the surging metal, she allows vengeful tears to fall from her face, knowing that they are the only thing she possesses that can roam the world free and leave the Hell she finds herself in.

She twitches, her screams now hoarse and cracked from a seemingly endless couple of minutes locked into a modified electric chair. Encompassing most of her skull is a metal dome, unwavering in its mission to reduce her to something beyond the confines of nothing. With every second, a pulsating surge of energy forces its way through the synapses and psyche of the woman, enstilling not only a code and an objective into her brain while also eradicating what little she can recollect of a time before this in the process.

Of a time before the Scarlet Ghost.

Of a time before Hydra.

Of a time free but now confined by grueling, sluggish iron chains.

Her vision, blurred by an alarming amount of tears, picks up the subtle glint of the sinister eyes and crooked grins, watching this unjust crime unfold with wonder and morbid curiosity.

Among them, however, is a somber gaze, and the very same blue eyes that have haunted her for decades.

"Don't you know you'll always be my best girl?"

There it is.

There is the question he always asks her.

A man, unfamiliar yet known like the back of her own hand remains in the shoulder space between two insidious faces, his complexion fragmented like a fractured mirror. She tries her best to throw open her lips and demand his identity and hand over the answers to questions she's had for decades, but loses the chance to. With another surge of cruel electricity, he vanishes.

And with his disappearance comes clarity.

There emerges vanacy.

The two concepts wash over the woman like a great, cleansing wave.

And so there is nothing.

From the masses, a dark silhouette moves, appearing before her with a dark gleam and shadow over his mysterious face. Then, glancing down, he quietly opens a book, striking in its coloration yet unknown to her in its significance.

As she settles into her existence of nothing, the man parts his lips to speak.:~

Against the barrier of a metal railing, a ghost haunts the hull of an impressive ship. Its vacant eyes, glazed like those of a shark's, send even the toughest, most decadent, and most accomplished agent in the other direction.