金钱不等于幸福

Zhang Yong stood alone on the rooftop of the luxurious Tomson Riviera mansion, gazing over the bustling harbor of this sleepless city. The night illuminated the metropolis with dazzling lights, and the distant melodies from nightclubs interwove with the rhythmic sounds of ocean waves, creating a melancholic melody. Amidst the neon lights of the city, he appeared solitary and serene. At the zenith of Tomson Riviera's opulent mansion, Zhang Yong lonelily observed the vibrant city night. The neon lights of this sleepless city shimmered, resembling fallen stars in the mortal realm. The lavish structure resembled a castle, standing tall amidst the busy city, its golden rooftop lights reflecting in the night sky like the brilliance of the stars. The magnificent architecture on this land served not only as a city landmark but also as a symbol of the affluent class.

Every brick and tile here exuded an air of wealth, as if the streets were paved with gold. Luxurious decorations and intricate carvings transformed this property into a luxurious paradise, with every detail reflecting the illustrious status of the building owner. Advanced facilities, private gardens, and an infinity pool—all showcased the power of wealth.

However, at the base of this castle, in the city's outskirts, a different scene unfolded. Narrow alleys, humble dwellings, and the daily struggles of the lower class formed a contrasting world of poverty. Dim lights cast shadows on the hardships of life in these streets.

The wealth gap in this city became increasingly pronounced. At the pinnacle of Tomson Riviera, people savor luxury, leading a leisurely and extravagant life where the pressures of existence seemed drowned out by the hustle and bustle between towering buildings. Meanwhile, in the impoverished corners of the city, every meager income became a burden to sustain life. Those without shelter gazed at the towering skyscrapers, their hearts filled with endless yearning.

This city is both prosperous and desolate, luxurious and barren. Behind the luxurious architecture lie countless stories of the hardships faced by the lower class. The city becomes a watershed between affluence and poverty, where people navigate the colossal gears of society, seeking the varied colors of destiny.

In the stillness of midnight, Zhang Yuan's heart was tormented by contradictions and perplexity. His mansion reflected the city's brilliance, yet it couldn't dispel the shadows within him. His children, torn apart by the struggle for inheritance, witnessed familial bonds dissipating in the vortex of self-interest. The top floor of Tomson Riviera seemed to have become an island in his heart. Although overlooking the entire city from the height, he could no longer find a home that truly belonged to him.

On this night, Zhang Yuan reminisced about the family happiness he once envisioned in his youth. He had thought that, while reaching the pinnacle of his career, he had also built a happy and fulfilling family. However, everything now lay shattered and fragmented. His children harbored resentment over wealth, vying for the unity that once defined their family.

As the night breeze gently brushed his face and starlight sprinkled upon him, he closed his eyes, feeling a surge of emotions. The strife among his children, the scheming among his wives, had turned his life into chaos and unrest, especially with his beloved youngest daughter, Tianqing. He began to reflect on whether, in the pursuit of career success, he had overlooked the most crucial elements— the warmth of family and the preciousness of kinship.

Taking a deep breath at the pinnacle of the skyscraper, Zhang Yuan, despite possessing everything in this bustling city, felt a profound emptiness within. Neon lights of the city reflected in his eyes, but his heart was filled only with deep concern. Once vibrant ambitions had faded over the years, and those once intimately connected family members now felt distant and estranged, tempted by the allure of wealth.

In the tapestry of memories, Zhang Yuan could almost hear the innocent laughter of his children and the joyous chatter during family dinners. He attempted dialogue to understand his children's perspectives, but as time passed, conversations became increasingly difficult, words failing to convey meaning. He began to doubt if there was any possibility of redemption.

Standing on the top floor of his mansion at this moment, he was no longer a successful business tycoon but a lost father and husband. He felt the loneliness deep within, understanding the impermanence of life. The future remained uncertain, and he was unsure of the true meaning of chasing dreams, but he was determined to find answers. Perhaps, in this brilliantly lit city, he could discover his true haven.

Though in his twilight years, his spirit resembled a resilient old tree, still upright and steadfast. His appearance bore the marks of time and the sediment of wisdom. Starting a business in middle age, he went through ups and downs, eventually creating a business empire worth 50 billion. During the pinnacle of his success, he dictated the world, but now, what he wished for most was for his family to lean on him.

"Even an old horse reaches its twilight, perhaps taking a leap for a peace of mind."

Though not young anymore, he maintained an elegant demeanor—broad shoulders, slender waist, moving with a sense of calm and composure. His graying hair, meticulously groomed, conveyed maturity and stability. Each strand seemed to carry the weight of years, yet retained a sense of dignity. His face bore the imprints of time, deep wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes, like chapters recording past glories. His deep and resolute eyes, filled with a quiet determination, carried an unyielding spirit. Though streaked with silver, his gaze exuded tranquility, as if having witnessed numerous storms yet maintaining a love for life.

As he recalled past glories, a faint sense of resignation appeared in his eyes. The business arena, akin to a battlefield, celebrated only the victors as heroes, leaving the defeated forgotten by history. Each memory seemed to mock the heartlessness and cruelty of the business stage. This resignation wasn't weakness but a profound understanding of reality, an insight into the complexities of life.

The expressions on his face alternated between resilience and resignation brought by memories. Whenever he reminisced, his lips would slightly curve, or he would smile, as if paying tribute to the fragments of his life. However, the subtle gaze revealed a deep contemplation, pondering the meaning of life and the capriciousness of the business world.

His demeanor wasn't that of an arrogant success nor that of a despondent failure, but one of peace and composure. Through the trials of time, he learned to accept life's fluctuations, embracing both success and failure as integral parts of life. This resilient spirit and resigned tranquility blended in his eyes and expressions, forming a unique and profound individual—a life legend that had once shone brightly and continued to silently strive.

"Perhaps, it's time to let go; maybe the vast starry sky has a place for me."

Tianqing... Zhang Yuan looked at the neon-lit vast starry sky, once again sighing out this name.