Best Friend

Author's Pov

“Ares.” Morpheus warned.

“I just want to talk.” He replied.

Morpheus knew his sons wouldn't let Tristan meet Athena until they'd interrogated him themselves so he didn't stop the guard when he left.

Everyone patiently waited as Tristan made his way inside the mansion, all the while being absolutely shocked by how majestic everything was.

It was nothing less than a castle fit for royals.

Tristan walked in the dining room but halted when he saw the people present there. He had expected to go directly to his best friend’s room and this was totally unexpected.

He didn't know the trio would take any interest in meeting him and he really planned on avoiding the three guys. He feared he might say something he shouldn't —because it's not his place— and his hatred for them would take over his sane and calm mind.

Hades was openly glaring at him while Zyphre had purposely grabbed a knife and was holding it casually by his side as his gaze fixed on Tristan. Ares was visibly the calmest of the three brothers and simply leaned against the wall smoking a cigarette.

Tristan gulped feeling uneasy by the undivided attention. He hadn't done anything wrong so he didn't have anything to be scared for but the brothers were intimidating personalities.

Zephyr with his bulky physique and beard looked like a man who could snap a neck with a flick of his finger. A regular fit for the guy looked like jeans and a t-shirt which was occasionally paired with a leather jacket.

Ares on the other hand was wearing clothes fit for a fancy brunch —a sky blue button up with white slacks that made him look nothing less than a charming man. He was the most approachable among the brothers but he carried the same dark persona as them. His long hair and clean shaved face was as much alluring as it was mysterious.

Hades was the impersonation of a gentleman and a smart businessman with neatly cut short hair and a three piece suit which didn't house a single crease. He screamed power and money. The two things he could stoop low for any given day.

Tristan decided to ignore all of them and turned to Morpheus. “Morning Morpheus, where's Athena?”

“In her room.” Ares answered before Morpheus could. “Why do you ask?”

“Because I'm here to meet her?” Tristan replied with an edge to his voice.

“Kid, don't act oversmart.” Zephyr's voice dripped with a serious warning.

Tristan didn't want to create a scene especially when he knew Athena needed him. “I'm her best friend, Mr…”

“Konstantinos.”

“Um… so Mr Konstantinos A, B and C…?” Tristan pointed to each one of the trio with confusion.

He knew their names but just like Athena, he didn't know who's who. And the brothers were already pissed off to help him with their names.

Morpheus chuckled at his words. “The one with the cigarette is Ares —picked up a bad habit and seems like hasn't dropped it yet.” He said with disappointment. “The one who's threatening you is Zephyr and the one glaring at you is Hades.”

The brothers weren't pleased with their introduction but it wasn't the biggest concern of them at the moment.

“Um okay… nice to meet you I guess.” Tristan didn't mean the words. “Can I go see Athena now?”