Ch. XXXVII ✡We'll Meet Again✡

✡✡✡
TWO DAYS LATER...
✡✡✡

A PARTY HELD IN YOUR honor slowly starts to die down, and the guests who have joined to wish you farewell begin to retire for the night.

You were the first to leave the social event dedicated to you.

Hilarious, how a full party can still feel so empty and alone.

Perhaps because the missing face of someone who you care for...was not there.

Not by accident, but by refusal.

Hours later, you still remain awake, sitting on the edge of your bed, your head lost in a cloud of cluttered thoughts.
You haven't seen Alastor since everything that happened two days ago, and with each and every passing day...the sting begins to feel worse.

Charlie claimed that Alastor would come around, and that maybe she could go talk to him for you, but you denied her offer.

Having someone else talk for you is not your style.
You'd rather face it yourself...or not confront it at all.

Though you fear this situation is the type where even a confrontation wouldn't fix anything.

You truly lost him...just as the flower began to bloom, it was crushed by the boot of fate.

Swinging your legs back and forth on the bed, a deep sigh escapes your lips, your instinct telling you that there is no point in staying up all night and wishing for the impossible.

Besides, you need to get up early tomorrow for your journey to Andrealphus's castle. Only then to spend the few remaining hours in the day to get your bearings together and settle in, before ending with you and Andrealphus arriving at Stella's party.

A social event you are dreading.

Despite your brain's plea to remain awake, you shift so that you lay on your back and stare at the darkened ceiling for a few moments.

As your eyelids begin to shut, hands clasped on your stomach, the sudden faint sound of piano keys being played causes your eyes to open yet again, your body instantly sitting up.

The idea of someone playing the piano at this time of night, while everyone else is asleep...seems a little odd.

Could it be a wanderer? Somebody who's broken in and decided a little tune is just what they need to get by?

This calls for an investigation.
Swiftly, you're up on your bare feet, making your way out of the door, following the sound of the piano playing, walking all the way down the steps, and entering the room that is the theater room for the hotel.

Alastor's idea. A theater. A place where sinners can enjoy a jolly good show and not use the noisy picturebox.

Slowly, you open the door, the hinges creaking ever so softly as you push it just enough to peer through a small crack.
You expected to see a stranger, or maybe even Lucifer. Since it's a common thing to see Lucifer wandering around aimlessly at night.

But alas, what you do see causes your breath to hitch and your heart to cease it's beating.

Sitting before you, his blood soaked hands playing the ivory keys with precession, is Alastor.

A man with many talents...yet playing the piano?
That's something you never knew...yet something that seems to fit his personality so perfectly.

You continue to watch, silencing your loud breathing by taking little to none breaths, your hand holding the door slightly open, but not enough to reveal yourself.