#27

Serena pulled out a bundle of pages from the output tray of a printer which was kept on a table at the corner of the living room. She went to the dining room where Varun was sitting at the dining table. He was scrolling over the screen of his phone.

She asked, " What are you doing? "

" I going through a list of guest houses, hotels, inns which are located near the airport. Our suspect must have booked his stay in one of them. "

" You don't need to do that anymore. "

She kept the papers on the table. He looked at the papers. He kept his phone aside and left his seat. He went to her. He pulled out the second page from the bundle which had a black and white photograph of Javier Ocbart. Arjun came out of the kitchen with a tray having three cups of coffee. He kept the tray on the table. He looked at Ocbart's photograph.

" Oh, who is he? "

Varun read the name which was written as a caption under the photograph.

" JAVIER OCBART. "

Arjun picked up four to five papers from the bundle.

Serena pulled a chair and sat at the table.

She said, " Javier Ocbart has been in the business of drugs since he was seventeen. He has been sentenced to prison thrice but thanks to his money and political connections he gets bail in no time. "

Varun kept the page on table. He sighed. He kept both of his hand on table and locked fingers

" He is our man. "

She said, " He is currently having his stay at Florence Heavens . "

Varun picked up a cup of coffee from the tray. He stood up from his chair.

Arjun said, " So do we have to disturb Ocbart's sleep now? "

Varun went to the window of the room.

" No. Don't do that. Not even by mistake. If we even wander around his guest house, there could be trouble because Habib's men are everywhere in the city. "

Serena said, " We have to wait for tomorrow morning. "

Varun was still facing the window.

" We will tail him to the place where the deal will take place. "

Arjun said, " And there we will get to see Enrico. We will get Albert. "

Varun turned to them.

" One last thing we all three of us have to keep in mind. There should be no margin for error. "

Arjun nodded.

Serena said, " Enjoy the coffee and get a good sleep. We are going to have a busy day tomorrow. "

She picked up a cup and went to her bedroom. They looked at her and then locked their eyes at each other.

Varun said, " You finally learned to make a good coffee. "

" Oh. Is it really that good? "

He picked up the cup and had a sip. He hummed.

" Yeah. It's actually much better than the one we have in office. "

Varun chuckled. He walked to the table and kept the empty cup on the tray.

" You have to wash them too. "

" What? What about you? "

" I am going to sleep. "

He was about to leave but he stopped for a while.

He said, " After finishing the coffee don't enter the wrong bedroom accidentally. "

" Oh. Thank you very much sir for reminding me. "

Varun shook his head and smiled. He went to the other bedroom. He turned on the lamp lights which was mounted on the wall behind the side table. He removed his spectacles and kept it on the side table. He turned off the lamp. He fell asleep and pulled the blanket in order to cover his lower body. He picked up his phone one last time before the sleep. Arjun was having coffee while he was standing against the railing of the balcony which was at the first floor of the house. Serena came there to and joined him. She held the railing and saw outside at the locality.

Arjun took a sip.

He said, " You haven't slept yet. "

" You too didn't. "

" I am still having my coffee. "

" Well, I don't think you are going to sleep even after finishing the coffee. "

He chuckled.

She said, " You are laughing. "

" If you are not in a mood to sleep tonight, I can make you another cup of coffee. "

" Well, thank you for the coffee but I am here for something else. "

" You want to ask something? You can. "

" What he is hiding? "

He turned to her.

" Who? Mr. Varun. "

She nodded. She looked at him.

She said, " Whenever he is quiet, his eyes tell something. Something he has in his brain but he doesn't want anyone to know about it. "

He turned his face ahead.

" Pain. "

" Yes. I can see the pain in his eyes. He won't share it with anyone. "

He huffed.

" And you want me to tell you about his suffering. "

" I have read his eyes and I want to know about the cause behind his suffering. "

He sighed. He nodded. He went to the room and kept the cup on a table. He brought two chairs to the balcony. He placed a chair near her and offered her to have the seat.

" Please. "

She sat on the chair. He sat before her on the other chair.

He said, " Mr. Varun and I have been working together for six years. I was in his team. I was trained under his supervision. He taught me everything about what a CBI officer should learn. Never in my career have I seen him as emotional as I saw him after that case. "

" How long ago did the incident happen? "

" Around a year ago. We were posted in the city of Hyderabad which is the state capital of Telangana. "

" I have heard about Hyderabad. The one with Charminar. "

He nodded.

" Yes. A well known industrialist of the city, Mr. Sargam Chaudhary had recieved a call from an unknown caller. The caller had threatened him to kidnap his daughter who was coming to the city from her flight for a few days of leave. Her name was Shraddha who was a software engineer at London. She used to visit her family once a year. She was the only children of Mr. Sargam. He was very close to her. Through his connections in law enforcement he conveyed this matter to CBI. Mr. Varun was given the responsibility for Shraddha's security. He received her from the airport. He was the only one with her in the car. A few miles further from the airport they were attacked. Fortunately the car was bullet proof and no one got hurt. "