19 - I'mma Need an Alibi

Minseok stared at Zitao in front of them, refusing to move.

Zitao could read the thoughts in his head. And the last thing he wanted- no, don't think about him.

Don't.

"I know you're trying not to think about Junmyeon," Zitao said, laughing. He closes the journal in his hands, setting it on his lap. "You thinking about not thinking about him is still thinking about him-"

"Take a shot every time you say thinking," Minseok said in a monotone voice. Take a shot was a phrase Zitao said often, and Minseok had said it out of habit.

Zitao frowned. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"That's none of your business," Minseok said. Powerful witch or not, he didn't give a single thought to arguing back with the latter.

It was unusual for him, he had to admit. The emotions coursing through the blood in his veins were going haywire from the run-in of his former best friend, and that only meant that his demonic nature was going to act appropriately.

The course of his nature was advancing, more quickly than Minseok wanted to.

"Yes it fucking is," Zitao argued. "You haven't been here in almost two decades-"

"I'm sure you can notice the blood running through my veins right now so you should be able to tell yourself why," Minseok said. "Not sure why you're acting stupid."

Zitao threw the journal off his lap onto the ground. "You're funny. That's probably what got Luhan to like you-"

Minseok grabbed the bookcase that he was in front of and slammed it to the ground, books and trinkets scattering everywhere.

Zitao put his hands up in the air. "Shit, temper much?"

"I don't know who raised you from the dead," Minseok said in a low voice, refusing to look at Zitao. "But you are not the Zitao that I knew. So I would watch my mouth if I were you-"

"Or what?" Zitao got up from where he was sitting, playing with the chain around his neck. "You can't even control your emotions right now, Minmin. You know what happens when you lose control-"

"Don't." Minseok took one step towards Zitao, clenching his right fist. "Call me Minmin."

Zitao smirked, pushing some hair strands behind his ear. "Minmin and Taozi, such an iconic duo."

Minseok glanced at the staircase. The others couldn't tell that Zitao was here. The longer they were up there, the better.

"Ah, that's why you're here entertaining me," Minseok said, laughing. "You're blocked. You can't go up the staircase-"

Next thing he knew, Minseok was pinned against the wall, gasping for air as Zitao had one hand wrapped around his neck.

"I can easily kill you right now," Zitao whispered to him, a grin on his face. "Like I said, watch it. Don't want to end up like your dead mother, now do we-"

Minseok slapped Zitao's cheek, kicking the wall as he tried to get out of Zitao's grasp, which he achieved momentarily until the stunned witch came back towards his senses.

"You fucking BITCH-"

Before Zitao could even think about ending the demonic werewolves life, they both heard someone running down the staircase, to their surprise being Yixing.

Nobody upstairs can sense Zitao's presence, so when Yixing made eye contact with Zitao, he was startled to say the least, his eyes almost bulging out his sockets. "MINSEOK-"