Two

The middle-aged man furrowed his brows in confusion as he opened the door to find a tall, skinny-looking kid standing before him.

"What's this? Why are they sending me a kid? Aren't you supposed to be in school?" he protested, peering at Junghwan with a mix of skepticism and confusion.

"Ahjussi*, first thing first, today is Sunday, and second, I'm an adult, I don't go to school" Junghwan responded, his tone carrying an air of nonchalance as he maintained his stoic expression.

"Ahhh.. You're right..." the man mused, recalling the date. "But are you sure? Do you even know what you're doing?" Skepticism laced the man's words, a common reaction Junghwan get whenever a customer met him for a first time, thinking that he was a minor.

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't sure about what I'm doing," Junghwan replied once again in his trademark lazy tone.

"I swear, if I get scammed, I'll sue your company," the man threatened, a hint of frustration in his voice.

"Sure, sure. Go ahead. I don't care. So where is it?" Junghwan retorted casually, unfazed by the threat. He wasn't a scammer, so the notion didn't ruffle him.

"It's in the room. Get in," the man instructed, stepping aside to grant the younger man access. The words hung in the air, ushering Junghwan into the next phase of his service call.

.
.

"I think that would be all. You should check it and ask me if you have any questions about it," Junghwan stated, his hands occupied with cleaning the last cardboard box scattered on the ground. The man observed the brand-new computer set, merely gazing at it without engaging in its usage.

"I don't know, it's actually not mine. I don't know how to use or check it," the man confessed, scratching his head in a display of awkwardness.

"Heh? Then who is this for?" Junghwan inquired after neatly stacking the cardboard, ready for the man to dispose of. The question lingered in the room, creating a moment of uncertainty about the mysterious owner of the newly assembled computer set.

"My son and he's not here currently. He lives with his mother," the man revealed, a subtle undertone of sadness coloring his words.

Junghwan sighed, realizing that his job wasn't truly finished. Despite his seemingly indifferent demeanor, he was genuinely passionate about his work. As a fellow gamer, he aimed for customers to have the best experience. Typically, he enjoyed witnessing their initial reactions when testing the computer, and he welcomed any questions about the technology or games.

"Fine. I've already checked it, and it should be working fine. If your son encounters any problems or has questions, you can call our customer service, and they'll send me back here," he assured the man.

"Alright," the man nodded, accepting the information with a sense of understanding.

"But please, can I ask you for a favor?" Junghwan's voice halted, his gaze fixed on the man, the weight of exhaustion evident in his eyes. The dimly lit room created a somber atmosphere, accentuating the shadows beneath Junghwan's eyes. He wore a tired expression as he awaited the man's response. "What?"

The flickering light from the computer screens cast a surreal glow, emphasizing the weariness etched on Junghwan's face. "Please don't schedule appointments on weekends. I know it's part of our service, but I just hate waking up early for work on weekends. I mean, do you like working on weekends? No, right? So, yeah..." Junghwan's plea lingered in the air, mingling with the low hum of the machines. The man observed the dark circles under Junghwan's eyes, contemplating the toll of possible overwork. At some level, he felt a connection, a shared understanding of the struggles tied to responsibility. Additionally, seeing a young man like Junghwan reminded him of his own son.