Chapter 4: Out of Line

As the four friends have already gotten their food, they all began eating and chatting for a bit.

"It's true that I came from a ruined noble family, but that doesn't mean we can't earn what we lost." Misha frowns and was comforted by her best friend, Rae.

"It's alright, Misha. Me and bro here have tons of stories to tell about our previous life before we got enrolled and accepted here at the Royal Academy. Isn't that right, bro?" Rae gestures towards her brother, who was eating a mushroom pepper cream on steak.

"Mmphf? Oh, yeah we do. I guess we always look on the brighter side of things and never lose hope. Even though we were born from a poor commoner family, we eventually rose and improved, especially in our family's business. That's what makes us who we are today." Reggie says as he swallows the portion of the steak.

"So please don't lose hope, Misha!" Reggie adds as he takes a sip from his glass of water.

The long silver-haired girl smiles warmly and thanks both her friends, the Taylor twins as the proceeded to eat.

"Oops! You're were so filthy, I thought you were a pile of mud~!" A familiar voice said as water splashes over Rae, covering her hair.

Before Reggie and their friends could react, the brunette girl opened her mouth and did what she always does.

"You're so thoughtful, Miss Claire! Can you please help me clean up~?" Rae playfully says as she looked up at her bully with puppy eyes.

Everyone at their table, excluding Rae, sweatdrops as they all looked at her, despite being drenched in water. Not even bothered by Claire's occasional failed attempt at making Rae's school life miserable.

"D-Dont you think you're being too resilient?!"

"Huh? What do you mean, Miss Claire?" Rae asks with a smile.

"H-How can you remain so calm throughout all this bullying?!" The noble girl frantically says as she pointed her finger at the commoner girl.

"Bullying? I thought it was an act of love?"

"L-Love?! No way!"

"Then what is it then?" Rae spats back.

"W-Why are you the one getting angry at me?!" Claire retorts back. "Commoners like you should just keep quiet and devote themselves to hard labor!"

Reggie couldn't take it anymore.

As he slams his hands on the table and stood up, he approached the noble girl and prevented his sister from interrupting.

"You know what, Karin Kanzuki. Whether you talk about us commoners not being in the same level as you entitled noble brats is all load of crap."

"W-What did you say...?"

"Yeah, you heard me. People like you are the reason why a lot of commoner families are suffering because of your constant mistreatment towards your workers. You may be born a bratty noble girl but you must be forgetting where all your riches came from before your family got to where they are today. Maybe you should go back to "Princess Charm School" so they could teach you a lesson about equality and what it takes to ACTUALLY be a good role model even if you are of higher status than the rest."

"T-T-T-T-That's not......t-t-t-true....!" The noble girl says weakly as tears begin to fall from her eyes.

"What now? You're gonna pull the victim card on me? You're the one who started, it, Miss Claire."

"**sniff** Y-You better t-t-take that back..or else...! **sniff**"

"Or else what? Gonna cry to your daddy if things don't go your way?" Reggie says in a cold and serious tone, making the noble girl shiver as more tears begin to fall from her tears.

The blonde noble girl and the commoner boy were surrounded by other students at the cafeteria. Claire François was immediately accompanied by her flunkies as they left the cafeteria in a flash.

Rae Taylor was disappointed in her brother but understood why he did that. Ever since they were kids, Oohashi Rei was always a target of bullying, especially since she was different from the rest of the girls in her classes back in their previous life.

Reginald Taylor snapped back as he saw the blonde noble girl, holding her tears back as she ran away from the cafeteria, clearly embarrassed and never looked back.

"Bro..." Rae begins to speak as she looked at her brother with a sad look written all over her face.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Rae. I just couldn't take that girl from bullying you every chance she gets." Reggie says as he looked down and went back to his seat on the table.

"I understand, nii-chan. I know that you're only doing that because you care about me. But this is an otome game, remember? I can take all the bullying from her. You saw how she really is now right? She would never go too far..." Rae says softly to her brother so their two friends won't hear.

After that, Rae grabs her brother by the ear and scolds him.

"How could you do that, onii-chan?! You better apologize to her this instant! I could lose my chance of getting to being with her, you know?!" Rae says demandingly to her twin brother as they try to follow Claire to the school's courtyard.

"H-Hold on a second, Rae. Are you sure about this?" Misha asks while looking at her best friend.

"Of course, Misha! It's a matter of Life or death!"

"I think you're being a little too sarcastic, Rae..." Oliver adds and felt bad when he saw Reggie get scolded at by his own sister.

"Well, if you're being too persistent, there's a chance Miss Claire wouldn't give you the time of day anymore."

"H-Huh?! I-Dont want that! What will I do if she stops bullying me, Misha?!" Rae says in a dramatic tone and pretends to weep as she held her best friend by the arms, begging her for help.

"Well, I guess you should become someone that she can't ignore. I mean, she's the kind of person who has to be number one at everything, right?" Misha suggests as she cross her arms in front of her.

"That's it!" Rae stood up straight, filled with a huge amount of enthusiasm and courage as the imaginary light bulb in her mind lit up.

With that, Rae Taylor rushes to the school's courtyard and pursues the elegant yet bratty, Claire François.