Chapter 2

Maelynn's POV:

After a few minutes, the teacher walked in and started class. The first lesson of today was English, my favorite class. I just loved writing and reading. It was my distraction from the real world. I felt like I was living in the books I read or the stories I wrote. My favorite genres are romance and fantasy. It made me feel like I was there with the characters and not here at this high school.

Once the lesson was about creative writing, the teacher gave us the rest of the period to do what we wanted. But we had to stay in the classroom. I decided to take out my book and read some of it before lunch.

About 15 minutes later, I felt the same eyes from earlier staring at me. I look out the corner of my eye and see that it's Iwaizumi that's staring at me. I start to blush and try to focus on my book but it's too hard to do so when I know he's the one looking at me.

I then decided to close my book and stare out the window listening to my music. But I can still feel Iwaizumi's eyes on me. It felt like pressure was being put on me, but it was also lifting said pressure.

I've had enough of feeling his eyes on me, so I turn around making it look like I'm looking for something. Once I meet his eyes, it looks like he blushes a little bit, he holds our eye contact until one of his teammates starts talking to him. I look away and take my computer out to continue the story I'm writing. I can still feel him look at me every once and a while.

I make sure to keep a straight face but it's hard since I'm freaking out on the inside. I've had a crush on him for so long even if he forgot about me to be with Oikawa. To be honest I want to know why he stopped talking to me. Did Oikawa pressure him into it? Or did he believe that the rumors were true? What if he helped Becca spread the rumors and I didn't know?

"Hey! Mae it's time for lunch now." I heard a voice tell me. I turned to look at who it was and found it was Iwaizumi.

"Oh? Alright, thanks Iwaizumi." I uttered to him. I then made it look like I was packing up when really, I was going to stay in the classroom to eat lunch.

"Do you want to eat with me and the volleyball club?" He blurted out after a couple of minutes. To say I was shocked is an understatement.

"Sure, if your teammates don't mind." I quickly answered.

"They wouldn't. If they do, then they'll be doing a lot of extra exercise when it's time for practice." Iwaizumi said looking out the window with a scary look in his eyes. Then I started to pack my things up excited to eat lunch with him. This all felt so surreal since it's been a while since we've eaten lunch together.