Chapter 8

She grinned, excited Vox was going to spend time with her outside of work for the first time. Normally she spent her nights hanging out with Valentino and sometimes Velvette too, but Vox never came. She figured he was holed up in his office, plotting about Alastor.

"Pixel, wrist watch," she said to the little robotic fox. It let out a soft noise, then transformed into her wrist into a silver watch with a screen on it. It's little face took up the little screen.

She inhaled her vape and let out the purple cloud, then used the circuitry through the house guide her back to her room. Once she was back, she told Pixel to go into free form, which meant back into its fox form. It goes from her wrist and starts running around her room looking at things.

Asmodea goes to her closet and looks for a new look for tonight. She gets the perfect idea and starts taking out what she wants, then goes over to her bed with the outfit.

As she strips down to her underwear, the eyes on her fox turn red.

She first puts on a pair of high waisted black shorts. Once that was done, she put on a black sheer crop top with long sleeves.

She looked at her fox, wondering what was red but when she looked at it, it's eyes were back to purple.

"Huh, weird," she said and went into the bathroom. The little fox followed her, then it started exploring the bathroom.

She was happy to see how much it acted like a pet, and knew the population would love them too.

The light in her bathroom made the room almost glow with the warm shade of white it was. It had to be the light reflecting off the red shower curtain. First she touched up her hair, using her flat iron to make the ends of her wolf cut flare outward and give her fluffier look. She did her makeup with black and purple as usual, this time adding purple to her top lid as well as fixing her winged eyeliner from earlier. She looked over and saw her favorite choker hanging up next to her other various jewelry. She put the leather strap around her neck, then locked it with the red, heart-shaped lock. On the front it was ironically engraved with 'Daddy's Girl'.

It was funny that for her 16th birthday he got her this choker. She was going through this really gothic phase then, and he figured it was cute. He never had any idea what to buy her, and that had to be her favorite gift.  She had to explain how it was implied and they had a good laugh over it. She wore it when she went out, since no one ever knew the real story. She cherished it because he didn't often bring her gifts. Normally they would go for a family outing, but she told him she just wanted to stay home that year.

Once she was satisfied with her outfit, she went back into her closet and grabbed her favorite pair of boots. They were knee high boots that had red splatter design over them, almost like blood.

She still had plenty of time to kill, so she lay on her back in bed, listening to music

She still had plenty of time to kill, so she lay on her back in bed, listening to music. The little fox jumped up onto her bed and looked at her. When she looked over, he tilted his head to her. She gently pet him, and he lay down next to her, curled up close.