Eight

Miami, Florida
Deshaun's house || NBA 2023 draft week

Deshaun was getting ready for the NBA draft pick for this year and he was nervous and excited at the same time about it.

"I can't believe the day is finally here " Deshaun smiled as he was on a video call with Teyana

"Me too, I'm really excited for you,5 letters from 5 different teams wasn't a joke" Teyana laughed as she did her makeup

"I'm happy that you're going to be there,it makes me less nervous" Deshaun smiled as he fixed his tie.

"This is a big event Des, I couldn't miss it for the world and I have a present for you,which you'll only get after today's pick" Teyana laughed as she stood up to get her setting spray from the bathroom.

"Leaving me in suspense" Deshaun playfully rolled his eyes as he waited for Teyana to get back.

"I heard that,your own loud speaker Hun" Teyana laughed as she sat back down.

"Your phone is connected to your speaker,what if I said some weird ass shit bruh" Deshaun mugged Teyana

"I live alone Des and there's no one here but me, your being delusional" Teyana laughed

"What if the girls were around without me knowing" Deshaun huffed

"Calm down,let's stay calm,I get you nervous and you being clingy as well" Teyana sighed as she finished off her makeup.

"You're right, I'm being too nervous" Deshaun sighed

"Deshaun let's get going,is that Teyana?" Deshaun's mom smiled as she entered his room

"Hey ma and yes please let that boy leave that house" Teyana laughed

"We are leaving just now, we'll save you a seat when we get there" Deshaun's mom smiled

"Alright, thank you ma,see you guys soon" Teyana smiled and hung up .

"Let's goooo" Deshaun smiled as they walked out of his room and went downstairs to join everyone else

"There's our next NBA player, following your old man's footsteps" Deshaun's Dad smiled as he hugged Deshaun.

"Finna make a banger with this one" Deshaun shouted out

"Von,uh vonnn" Deshaun's lil brother laughed and they all left the house for the Arena.

Meanwhile Teyana was in her car driving out of the parking lot and into the main road. Teyana was so excited to see Deshaun pursue his NBA career and she was ready to be part of it and support him ,every step of the way.

"Alexa please play Famous by French Montana" Teyana spoke into her phone.

"Please don't get to famous Deshaun,I don't want you forgetting me" Teyana whispered to herself as she remembered how her cousin got ghosted by her NBA ex boyfriend.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Deshaun and his family had finally arrived at the Arena and they went to sit at the assigned table at the front next to Deshaun's friends tables.