The Circus of Talents

I had this idea earlier while re-reading The School for Good and Evil, book 1. What if Agatha had done a different talent? I do still try to incorporate the fact that she can here wishes and thoughts though :)

I hope you enjoy and all thanks goes to Soman Chainani for the characters and amazing story plot. Thank you!

   Agatha walked up onto the stage, trying hard to think of a talent. A talent worth King Author's son himself.
   She looked around at Nevers, already bored, and Evers, impatiently waiting their Ball proposals.
   Across the seats and students, Agatha saw Tedros, smiling up at her, as if her talent could change the world.
   Then, all of a sudden, Agatha heard something. Not from the crowd, but in her head.
I wish someone would care enough to notice me. Just once, I want to feel loved and excited.
   Agatha recognized it at once. It was Dot's voice. She looked at Dot, but she had her head hung sadly.
   Just like that, Agatha had an idea.
   She cleared her throat, calling everyone to attention. She looked at the Evers.
   "We all think we know what tells us apart from Evil. Not our looks, not our dresses or love of pink and blue, but love. Real love. Love that makes you feel wanted when you thought you were unwanted. Whether it's love from a friend, or love even deeper, we have it. Good has it," she turned to the Nevers, "But why can't Nevers love too?"
   All around, Nevers froze and looked up at Agatha.
   "The School Master said that Nevers can't love," she continued, "that love is the one thing a villian can never have, but a princess can't do without. But why? Is it because he lost his brother? His love? Or maybe he just guesses villians are ugly and can't be loved, so he tries to get the idea of it from their heads."
   All around, kids watched in silence.
   Agatha looked at the Evers once more.
   "Evers, we have a Snow Ball, we have a chance at love. Nevers don't because they didn't think they could. But what if we gave Nevers a place to let loose and have fun? What if we gave them a chance, even if just for a moment, to let them feel wanted? To let them feel loved?"
   Evers gaped at Agatha with wide eyes.
   "They'll ruin our ball!" Someone screeched.
   "They'll make fun of us!" Beatrix whined.
   Agatha looked at them.
   "The Good give chances to those who need them," she said.
   "Evers love, Nevers hate. That's  what we are taught. But how can you say that if you never gave them a chance?"
   She looked back to the Nevers once more.
   "Dear Nevers, would you like to join us at our Snow Ball?"
   The Nevers shifted nervously, glancing at the scowling Evers. Slowly, they shrank back in their seats.
   But Agatha saw deeper, she saw in their hearts. They were excited and hopeful and full of joy at the offer.
   Evers scowled at Agatha, the girl who just ruined their night of fun. But slowly, they looked over at Nevers. Nevers who never felt loved or wanted before. Anger melt to sympathy as they nodded at them, urging them to go on.
   Hester stood up.
   "I gladly accept your invitation."
   Nevers all around looked shocked at their Evil Class Captain, gladly accepting a ball invitation.
   Anadil stood next to Hester.
   "I happily accept," she said.
   Dot jumped up beside them.
   "Make way! The Coven of Room 66 are going to your ball!"
   Slowly, Nevers found themselves standing and accepting, until everyone looked around, smiling.
   "Good with no match," said Tedros, standing. He walked over to Agatha.
   Kneeling, he looked up.
   "Agatha of the Woods Beyond, will you be my princess for the ball?"
   Agatha stood, shocked, before a smile crept onto her face.
   "Yes!"
   Suddenly, all around, boys cascaded to their knees, each one receiving a cheerful 'yes!', even Beatrix managed her best smile and took Chaddick's hand.
   "Yes!"
   The Circus crown gently lifted onto Agatha's head. With no Sophie, and so much happiness, evryone paraded out of the doors, awaiting tomorrow's ball.

This is the end of this chapter, though I am going to make a chapter about the ball. Tysm for reading and please comment on what you think!]