Chapter 4: Apart

Kaiden had struggled with loss. But for some strange reason he was afraid that something might happen to charlie. And with Charlie's aunt freaking out about Charlie being dragged off, he was unable to think straight. Mr. Hattear had not said anything, Kaiden was getting annoyed even, "Hey! You have nothing to say about this?!" he yelled. Mr. Hattear looked at Kaiden with what looked like hatred in Kaiden's eyes which was disgusting. Kaiden stood, "does this not matter to you?" he pointed to the man and sighed, "this forest literally killed Kake, took Charlie, and hurt my head. Do you have nothing to say?!"Mr. Hattear did nothing, he stood and said, "we keep going." charlie's aunt shoots up and yells, "No we aren't leaving this forest without charlie!'' Kaiden agreed but Hattear didn't seem to. Charlie's aunt grabbed her bag and began to walk away. Kaiden sighed, Mr. Hattear had just watched her go. Kaiden sighed and followed in pursuit, "where are you going?" Mr. Hattear had finally asked. Kaiden turned, "she'll need someone to help her find charlie." Mr. Hattear did not stop them, didn't bother with them. He was definitely going to tell everyone what a horrible person he really was when they got back to their town. He followed in silence behind Charlie's aunt. Not a single word came of the two, he had his own worries, and Kaiden could only imagine what was replaying in Charlie's aunt's mind. He felt bad, sorry, he almost empathized with her. He was like this with his mother. He had a hard time letting her go, especially after her first marriage. When he finally did, he became this outgoing, optimistic person, always filled with energy. But he had felt that feeling slip away when Charlie was taken away. Kaiden had known about the tragic story of Charlie Logan. A child was an orphan at age three, taken in by his loving aunt who never had kids. You'd think that it's a happy family but they were never. Charlie and his aunt never saw eye to eye, charlie was always that person to be on the run. Kaiden had witnessed that himself. But his aunt loved peace and she never had let charlie leave her sight, so when charlie turned eighteen, the whole town had said, "charlie that boy can live on his own now." but Kaiden doubted that Charlie's aunt would let him. He sighed, catching the attention of Charlie's aunt, "you didn't have to come." Kaiden smiles, "Nah, I want to get to the withered kingdom with charlie." Charlie's aunt tenses up , "he's not going along with this journey." Kaiden halts as does Charlie's aunt. Kaiden knew this was coming. "But Charlie wanted to come along." Kaiden had felt anger. He wanted to help. Charlie wasn't free and his aunt was the one keeping him away from his freedom. Kaiden sighed, "look isn't charlie eighteen already shouldn't he choose to stay or go?" she turns and says, "if i give him that choice, then i might as well plan his funeral." Kaiden had felt his life stop. He wanted Charlie to be happy. But unfortunately he was stuck with Charlie's aunt. He felt a tug of remorse, he wasn't the one keeping Charlie from his freedom, but he could help him, get him out of reach from the puppeteer and her strings. He knew better than to, so he didn't dare speak another word to Charlie's aunt. He would let Charlie handle it. If he could.

                                                                  Ȯ

"How long till we find my group?" Charlie groaned, making Artie make annoyed faces. "Artie, can we rest?" Charlie asked. Artie turned and replied, "no, the sooner you're gone the more peace i can have." Artie kept his pace fast, making Charlie pick up his. Artie wanted to get rid of this kid as soon as possible. Artie couldn't stand this kid, he wanted to bang his head repeatedly on something. Even if it could kill him, he wanted Charlie to shut up. Artie groaned, "do you do nothing but talk?!" Artie asked, charlie flushed, "am i speaking too much," the last part was barely above a whisper, "sorry." Artie felt a pang in his chest. He was guilty, he didn't mean to embarrass him, he just wanted quiet for the time being. Artie sighed and put his small pale hand over his mouth, "don't apologize. I... I shouldn't have said that." Charlie gave a quick smile. Charlie was still embarrassed. Artie frowned, he then stopped, "how about we rest." Charlie brightened in mere seconds, "really?!" Charlie threw himself on the floor, making a large puff of different colors in the air. He sneezed, "what is this?" he asked, getting up covered in different colors, his blonde hair pushed forward by the force. Artie smiles, "Aŕthen, a type of flower, every year they release this powder stuff that helps produce different animals." Charlie made a face of terror, "PRODUCE?!" he quickly gets up and wiggles his body as if bugs were crawling up and down his body, "i have sperm cells on me! Gross!" Artie smiled and said, "they are harmless, you won't get pregnant... just don't get it in your mouth." Charlie made another face of horror. He dusted himself off and looked at Artie. Artie nodded towards him and said, "I know a place where we can rest that's safe to sleep." Charlie nodded hesitantly. But he eventually nodded and grabbed everything that had fallen out when he had fallen to the ground.