Chapter 4 - The Purple-Haired Girl

~ Lunch Time ~

David: I am famished! 

Damian: Yeah, I wonder what is available in the cafeteria.

Me: Wow... the way you both love food, I wonder if you got married to it.

Ashley and I gave each other a high-five.

Damian: Geez Nabi!

David: You don't have to put it that way!

I placed my hands on their shoulders, each hand on each shoulder, and smirked at them.

Me: That was sarcasm boys! 

Damian: I will catch you someday Nabi!

Me: I wonder how?

Ashley: Anyway, enough now, let's go and grab something to eat.

Me: Sounds like a great plan.

I bought a hamburger with apple juice and a vanilla cupcake for dessert. Ashley bought a hamburger with flavored water, while the boys ordered a chicken Twister with soda.

Woman: (from cafeteria speaker) Ramen! Ramen special starting today! Valid for the month! Ramen special!

Me: What? There's a ramen special?

Ashley: Yeah, it started today. Why?

David: Nabi loves ramen.

Me: Yeah. I would have bought it if I knew.

Damian: But can't you buy it to eat it later?

Me: You can?

Damian: Yeah, wait, you didn't know?

Me: No, but thanks for telling me.

Damian: No problem.

David: How many do you want to buy?

Me: Mm, three.

David: How much money do you have?

Me: CB500

Damian: Woah!

Ashley: We are on the same page girl! I sometimes buy---

Damian: Too many details you are sharing sis, too much.

Me: (patting Ashley on the shoulder) I got you, Ash.

We then gobbled down our meals and before we knew it, we had to go back to class.

Man: (from speaker) Information Technology students are required to attend their class in 5 minutes.

Me: That should be us!

David: Yeah.

As we all walked into the computer room, Professor Martinez secretly called me and Ashley aside.

Professor Martinez: Sorry to bother you girls, but can you please make Alexa welcome?

Me: Okay Professor, right Ashley?

Ashley: Yeah, that's okay. If I may ask Prof, is she new?

Professor Martinez: Yes. Thank you so much, girls! I knew I could trust you both!

Ashley and I: Thank you, Professor.

We went back to our seats and we sat right next to each other. Before I knew it, I saw the class's attention looking away from their screens to look at a purple-haired girl heading to the teacher's table.

While the class was chattering about the purple-haired girl, Ashley called for me.

Ashley: Nabi?

Me: Yeah?