Chapter 4 (PREGNANT?!)

(hello! Hope you guys enjoyed all the parts and TYSM for all the views<3 ENJOY!!)(you guys sorry, sorry, SORRY for taking so long!!)

It was evening and the sun was way beyond setting, I had everything ready for bed. Me and Poppy had dinner and we're prepared for bed with her light blue sleeping gown and me with my robe and usual coffee mug (last cup of the day).
Poppy had been sick this past week, throwing up every morning, dizziness, and nausea even during the day. It made me feel pity for her at how she was so weak and tired all the time, I kept making her cups of hot chocolate and soup for dinner but nothing helped.
Then one day when Poppy ran to the bathroom, she took so long I got worried so I knocked on the door and with no response opened it. ''Poppy?'' I asked and looked around the small bathroom, ''Are you okay?''

Poppy was turned around, her back facing me. Her shoulders were jumping lightly as if she was laughing, but I heard her making crying noises. ''Hey, hey, what's wrong?'' I asked and turned her around she had a small smile on her face but tears were streaming down her cheeks. My attention was all on her that I didn't notice what was in her hand. She looked at me and buried her face in my chest, her shoulders then started jumping and she started to laugh (not because of something funny, but of pure happiness).
''Branch . . .'' Poppy said quietly.
''What is it?''
She lifted her hand and it took me a while to realize what she was holding.
''I-is that . . . a . . .''
''It's a pregnancy test, Branch.''
''A-and i-it's--''
''Positive, yep.''
I was in shock, a pregnancy test and it was positive meant only one thing:
''YOU'RE PREGNANT!?''
Poppy nodded, ''Mhm!''
I lifted her up by the waist and spun her around. ''Poppy, this is the happiest day of my LIFE!!''
''R-really? You're not upset?'' She asked, her face shocked.
''Why would I be? You have a living baby inside you now, I've always thought of having kids. Especially . . . with you''
Poppy smiled, ''I love you!''
I smiled back and stopped spinning. ''I love you more!''
I then carried her to the living room, and picked up my phone. ''What are you doing?'' Poppy asked from the couch. ''Calling the doctor's office, duh.'' I answered, dialing the number to the Troll doctor.
''What, why?''
''Because in your first week of pregnancy, we need to call to make an appointment for an ultrasound and check if the baby is safe, okay? Because if we're having a baby, I want it safe, understood?''
''Understood, hun.'' Poppy said and began to rub her belly although it was nothing but a normal stomach like always with the tiniest, tiniest, bump to it. I smiled at her and realized the doctor picked up.
''Hello?''
''Hello, doctor.''
''Hello, who is this?''
''I'm surprised you can't recognize the sound of your king's voice.''
''Oh! King Branch, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you!''
''Hehe, it's fine, I wanted to make an appointment please.''
''Of course, what for and I'll see when you can come by.''
''Yes, it's an ultrasound appointment for Queen Poppy.''
''Oh! Queen Poppy? Is she--''
''Yes, she took a pregnancy test and the results were positive.''
''Oh, wow. This is quite exciting isn't it?''
''Yes, well, when can we come by?''
''Oh, yes, well we have tomorrow in the afternoon and next week.''
''Man, you're packed!''
''We sure are, with this weather what can you expect?''
''You're right, rainy and cold, who knows. Well, can we swing by tomorrow?''
''Of course, your Majesty, you can come by tomorrow and we'll check on our newly pregnant Queen and new princess/prince.''
''Sounds great, see you then.''
''Alright, goodbye.''
I hung up and set the phone down on the table, ''We go to the office tomorrow, and we check on you and our baby.''
Poppy smiled as I rested my head on her stomach, no baby yet but that didn't mean we couldn't be prepared for when they're born or developing in Poppy's stomach.
I closed my eyes and the last thing I felt was Poppy running her fingers through my hair.
_____________________________________________
(End. Hope you enjoyed this part, now on to part 5!!)