epilogue

it's been a year daddy-

sorry.

it's been a year since my marriage with toji, and if i were to say life was perfect, it would be an understatement.

"megumi, breakfast is ready!"

i call out, standing over the stove with a pink apron on.

toji is standing behind me, resting his head on my shoulder as he watches me cook, his arms wrapped around my waist.

it was strawberries and pancakes, megumi's favorite.

megumi was graduating pre school in about a week, and me and toji decided to plan a surprise trip to costa rica in celebration.

megumi comes down the stairs with a smile, his backpack on loosely as he runs up to me, hugging my leg as he peers over the stove to see his plate.

"strawberries and pancakes? thanks mama!"

he says as he grabs his plate and heads down the dining hall.

i smile fondly at megumi before running a hand through tojis hair.

"did you pack his suitcase already?"

i ask as i turn towards him.

he gives a lazy hum in acknowledgment.

i gently pick him up off of me, in which he pouts slightly before sitting on one of the stools.

i begin to clean the dishes that i used before megumi runs back into the kitchen with his dirty plate.

"i'm all done mama!"

he says as he hands his plate to me before kissing my cheek, then going to toji and placing a kiss on his cheek too.

"bye mama, bye papa!"

he said as he follows behind his personal butler.

his butler bows in respect to us, before leading megumi out towards the limo to go to school.

TIME SKIPPPP

while megumi was at school, we decorated the house with graduation decorations before dressing up in tourist clothes with our suitcases by our side.

"i'm hom-"

megumi cuts himself off as he glances around the decorations.

"ooou what's this for?"

he says as he runs up to us and give us his habitual hug when he gets done with school.

"we're taking you out of school, megumi."

his face drops slightly,

"what? why?"

i can't hold in my smile.

"we're taking you to costa rica!!"

i say excitedly as i go to pick up megumi, throwing him in the air as he laughed loudly.

"really?! ahhh thank you thank you thank you!"

he says as he hugs me and toji happily.

after giving him a run down of our 7 day trip, we're driven by tojis personal assistant towards where toji keeps his private jets.

we board the jet and begin to fly down towards costa rica.

megumi was enamored with the fact that we were so high up in the air, his face permanently attached to the jets window.

as we landed, we ended up staying in a large condo, which was beautiful to say the least.

the palm trees surrounding the building just added to the tropical atmosphere.

megumi wanted to go to the beach as soon as he saw the waterline, so we unpacked our things as megumi explored our master suite before we all changed into our swimsuits before heading down to the pier.

as soon as we stepped foot on the sand, megumi ran off towards the water.

"stay where i can see you megumi!"

i yell out. megumi could swim as good as a five year old with floaties could.

toji begins to help me set up our umbrella and chairs, our cooler filled with snacks and capri suns for megumi.

toji then pulls out his fishing rod from one of our bags before walking towards megumi who was splashing around in the water and picking up seashells with a big smile on his face.

i smile fondly as toji begins to show megumi how to fish, in which megumi was catching on very quickly.

i wouldn't trade this for the world.

fin.
————————————————————
song that embodies this story - nervous ; the neighborhood.

"you know i'm trying, so don't say nothing.

tell me you trust me and, kiss me and hug me yeah, i would do anything for you.

you just gotta love me, yeah."
————————————————————