Mirror, Mirror (@VarianWolf) Part 3

-----------Deimos's POV-----------

Why were they so shocked? I was starving, so I had some mangos and a bit of everything else, too.

I guess I should worry. If they become suspicious of me, I don't have anyone else in that mirror to switch them with, and I'm happy to have friends now.

Ever since they banished me from the other mirror, I have had no one to talk to other than myself, and that made me feel like I was going mad. Maybe I am a little crazy, but if I am, it's because no one else has even tried to be my friend. So if I can't have my own friends, what's wrong with taking someone else's?

-----------Rapunzel's POV-----------

We talked to Varian all day, but he wouldn't say anything was wrong. I know he's not going back to- I know he's not doing that again.

His dad is fine, his experiments are going great, and things between him and (Y/n) are as they have always been, so why is he acting like this?

I don't know, but whatever is happening I think (Y/n) should stay out of it. They haven't really finished repairing their 'friendship' since Varian redeemed himself, and I don't want their relationship to be damaged by whatever is happening.

Anyway, when we realized it was getting late, we let Varian leave, but we continued to talk about him.

"The kid's acting weird, or y-you know, more weird than usual," I glared at Eugene as he stated this. Sure, he was acting weird, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be polite about it.

"Eugene!" I scolded.

"KIDDING, kidding" he went back to being serious.

"I don't know 'bout you guys," Lance announced. "But I'm getting déjà vu, and I have no idea why,".

Everyone started talking over each other, and it was impossible to get a single word into the conversation. I rested my cheek on my palm.

This was going to take a while.

-----------Varian's POV-----------

I pressed myself against the mirror, trying to hear footsteps, so I could alert anyone who walked by.

I had already tried everything to get out. I looked for weird puzzle clues, took the mirror off the wall. I even tried blowing it up with Flynnolium, but nothing seemed to change anything.

I squinted my eyes and tried to hear even the smallest noise from outside.

I heard a metallic bang from across the hall, but the door and the mirror muffled most of the sound.

Suddenly, I heard a bloodcurdling scream. I will not say how I know this, but that was (Y/n)'s scream.

" (Y/N)!" I pounded my fist on the mirror.

"No, no, no, NO! " I kept hitting the mirror as hard as I could, but I knew it was pointless.

It was magic. It had taken me a long time to accept its existence, yet I couldn't deny it anymore with everything I've seen even though I wished it wasn't real. As far as I'm concerned, magic has only brought pain.

I leaned against the wall and slid to the floor.

This mirror. The rocks becoming a way for Cassandra's hate to grow. The blizzard that kept us from helping my father and left me to do what I did. Even Rapunzel's healing had consequences that left her held captive from the world.