1 | Stabbed

There it was, my final day in Cambridge University/College. I was studying to become a lawyer or anything in that specialty. Though all of the teachers were hard on me since I was 'too lazy', oh I won't miss that place! After that stupid graduation finally ended I basically began rushing home, I needed to catch up on the new "The Rising Of The Shield Hero" episode, ooh, and I also needed to finish "Bungo Stray Dogs" season 1. I had recently began watching that anime and it's already in my top 3! 

There I was, minding my own business and walking home when I suddenly heard screaming from the right. A man was running holding a knife, he was aiming at a poor young girl, as he was about to stab her, I pushed her out of the way, getting myself stabbed. I don't know why I did that, my legs just... moved on they're own. Soon enough, I fell to the ground.

"Someone call the ambulance, quick! She's bleeding out!" A random person yelled before kneeling besides me. 
"Hold on! You can still make it out alive!" The little girl I had saved began crying.
"I'm no doctor... but, I don't think I can.." I mumbled, before completely passing out. 

As soon as I opened my eyes, all I saw was stars, so many of them! I was moving at the speed of light! What the hell is going on!? I thought I had died! Or is this just how it feels to be dead..? 
"Body found, transmitting soul." A robotic like voice said.
Huh!? What the hell does this mean 'transmitting soul'!? So am I really dead or what the fuck is going on!? 
"Soul transmitted, returning to... Yokohoma." The voice continued before everything went black.

"Shizu wake up! Maiko is here!" I heard a voice yell.
Once I remembered how I was in the random void, I shot out of bed, looking in the mirror. 
"...Huh? Black hair, black eyes... I seem older...? And.. how the fuck does that person know my name..?" I continued looking in the mirror before a white haired girl came inside the room.
"Shizu! Stop being so lazy and come downstairs! Hiro made breakfast! Let's go already before Ranpo-kun arrives!" The girl said before leaving. 'That must be... Maiko? Why is her name Maiko? My best friend's name from before I died? But she looks different.. 'And that's when it hit me, 'I had been stabbed and returned to the living.. Wait, Ranpo!? Like THE Ranpo Edogawa from "Bungo Stray Dogs"!? I must be tripping!' I thought to myself.

"Shizuka Shimada, get your ass down here!" The same voice from before yelled.
I rushed downstairs to see the same white haired girl and a black haired boy.
'Huh.. that's weird, he looks just like me..

"Go eat already, I don't have time. Ranpo is almost here and you aren't even ready yet!" The male said.
"Okay, okay.." I didn't even know what else to say
"And also, Hiroiki, I forgot to mention, but I began working at Cafe Uzumaki!" The 'supposedly' Maiko said.

"Really!? That's nice, I'll make sure to get coffee from you after my cases then!" The guy replied. 

Suddenly a male walked thru the door. 'Wait I recognize him! No way... It really is Ranpo Edogawa!'

"Great you're both here! Oh and hi Maiko-chan! 'Iki, Shizu-chan let's go, there's an emergency at the agency and based on abilities, only Shizu-chan can help us!" Ranpo exclaimed.

"Really, what's the situation?" Hiroiki asked. I stood up, still surprised that I'm basically apart of the anime "Bungo Stray Dogs". Of course I instantly recognized the situation. 'Sounds a lot like Atsushi's entrance exam, could it be.. that I am going to be in the Armed Detective Agency!?'

"How would my ability help?" I asked.

"Well you see, there is a bomber in the office, he wants to speak to Fukuzawa-san, but he's out on a business trip. And not to mention the bomber is holding a hostage. You can create weapons and puppets from the shadows right? Not to mention teleport, so all you have to do is calm him down and then Hiroiki can turn into Fukuzawa-san and act like the president, that's why we need you both!" Edogawa explained.

"Ah I see, so for this to work, we both need to use my 'Masks' and Shizu's 'Shadow of the Night'. We should hurry then, c'mon sis!" Hiroiki dragged me out of the house.

'Hold on.. HOW DO I KNOW JAPANESE!? I'M FROM ENGLAND! Wait, wait... My ability is called 'Shadow of the Night'? Based on how Ranpo described I should use it, seems like I can create puppets, weapons from the shadows, teleport even! And who even is this Hiroiki guy..? Wait.. He called me 'sis'!? So now I have an ability AND a brother!? If It's a bomber situation, then the bomber must be... Tanizaki! Man, how many times are they going to use him for the entrance exam. Oh, seems like Hiro also has an ability, he called it 'Masks' right? I'm guessing he can copy the appearance and voice of his victim? Sounds overpowered, wait what am I kidding!? My ability is overpowered! There's no way an ability can be this powerful without any drawbacks... Guess I'll have to use it to find out.. All of those taekwondo lessons in middle school better not fail me! ' I began thinking.