Missing Presence - Wheeljack x Autobot!reader

• (Y/d) = Your designation •

---------

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

"Billie Eilish - TV"
00:20 ●───────── 05:01

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

---------

"Missing you comes in waves

and tonight I'm drowning."

- Chris Young -

---------

"Do you really have to go?" you softly asked Wheeljack, tentatively approaching him as he diligently worked on repairing some of the components of his ship. He paused for a moment, turning to you.

"You can come with me if you want." he said, looking up from his work with a smile, "I could use the company."

"Wheeljack, you know I can't leave the team just like that. Why... won't you stay here? With me?" you pleaded, hoping he would reconsider his departure.

The wrecker shook his helm and continued with the repairs as he replied, "You have your things going on, (Y/d) and I have mine."

You glanced down, feeling the weight of his words on your spark. It was true, both of you had your own responsibilities and obligations. But it didn't make it any easier to see him leave. The thought of him being away for an extended period of time was difficult to swallow, "I just wished we could spend more time together..." you whispered, feeling a pang of sadness in your chassis.

"We already talked about this, sweetspark." his voice was firm but there was a hint of regret in his tone. He loved you, that much was obvious, but his sense of duty to his work and his adventurous nature made it hard for him to stay in one place for too long.

You couldn't help but feel a sense of worry wash over you as you watched him work. "But, what if something goes wrong? What if you don't come back?" you voiced your concerns, knowing that the dangers of space travel were all too real.

He scoffed, "You are saying that as if I haven't done this before. I can handle myself, trust me."

"I knew what I was getting into when we started this. It's just that- I only wanted this relationship to be less difficult. How can I be with you when you are not even here?" your voice cracked, the fear restricting your vocalizer. Wheeljack's spark clenched at the pain in your tone.

He stopped what he was doing, his back still facing you, "It will be better if we end this then."

"What...?" you stared at him with disbelief.

His gaze fell on you, his expression unreadable, "This is not working out, (Y/d). Just admit it. We both have different priorities. I need to focus on my work and you need someone who can be there for you all the time."

You were speechless, the words hurting like a dagger. You stood there, numb, "A-Are you serious? You are throwing away what we have just like that?! After everything?! You are not even going to try to find a way to-"