II

Chapter Two
·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·
Trial & Error

Chapter Two·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·Trial & Error

Fenty Point of View

I ashed my blunt inside of the styrofoam cup as I exhaled all of the smoke I held in. Nothing could cure a headache better than ganja. This was sort of my daily routine. I'd sit on the living room floor, in front of my laptop, I'd get my work done for the day, and lay in bed for the rest of the day.

There was always some tune blasting in my ears from my old beat up stereo system. No one on my floor cared. A lot of young adults, who were fresh out of college lived here, and they were used to the music.

Here, I lived in complete blithe. Tell me ten years ago that I'd be here, I'd look at you in disbelief. Actually, Rob from ten years ago would've probably cried, she wouldn't think of our situation as a positive thing.

My simple little routine got me through a handful of my adult years. There was no chaos, little to no stress, and there wasn't anyone here to fuck with my day. I've learned that sometimes you gotta cut off people to kill the noise.

Speaking of noise, there was a loud bang at my door, which kind of startled me. I was a bit angry upon hearing the knock, but I quickly straightened up once I realized the possibilities. That could be my landlord, his nosy ass. He probably wanted to come mess with me during his strike of ennui, he was that type of person.

I stretched my legs before standing up. I made my way towards my window and hiked it open, so the scent of my blunt would air out. As I dragged my feet across the wooden panels of my floor, I sporadically swatted my arms in an attempt to get the stench of Mary Jane out of the window a bit faster.

The knocks continued as I made my way towards my door. The became rapid by the time I held the doorknob in my hand, angering me even more than I was.

I swung the door open.

It was just Erykah. Erykah was my closest friend, but she was practically my older sister. I met her when I was seventeen. She was my drug dealer. I always spent time with her if I wasn't with Beyoncé. She always gave me advice and was there for me whenever Beyoncé broke my heart.

She wasn't really fond of Beyoncé. She had met her only a handful of times, but she established that Beyoncé was bad news the moment she met her. I sort of gave her a bad rep because I only expressed the hurt she showed me to Erykah.

She had been all over the country for like the past two years, so it was a bit of a surprise that she would just stop by for absolutely no reason. Well, she didn't stop by for no reason. I sent her a text and she decided to visit me.

Hi

Erykah🃏
? you good

Yeah?