Part 17

Vara wore a floral jacket over her long red kurti. This would have to suffice. She gave herself a once-over in the mirror. She had changed her clothes five times in a row, still unsure if this was right for the kind of place she was visiting.

 She had changed her clothes five times in a row, still unsure if this was right for the kind of place she was visiting

This morning, while she was teaching the NGO kids, Vara received a call from Indrajeet Singh Chauhan. He wanted to meet her in private. He sounded serious. "Why? What happened? Is it related to work?"

To all her worried queries, she only received one response from Indrajeet: "It's urgent. You will know once we meet."

Vara was perplexed. 'Why does he want to meet me? Should I ask Tai? Can I refuse him? What if it's related to work? But he would have called Kiara for that. Or is it regarding Tai's yesterday's attitude? He should call Baba for that? Gosh, what am I supposed to do? And if he is angry with Tai's behavior, then why would he allow Daksh Jiju to host a surprise birthday party in their home?'

She really wanted to ditch this meeting. That man has an aura of danger around him... Vara has always been a girl who believes in her gut feeling and the vibe she gets from the person before her. Her gut feeling has never misled her till now... And the feeling she got whenever she met Indrajeet was that she needed to stay away from him...

She rejected the idea of asking Tarini. No, after yesterday's discussion, no way...

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

They were having dinner in one of the finest restaurants. Tarini was grumbling that even though Vara brought her for shopping, she didn't really shop for much... As the waiter placed their starters and soup on the table, Vara remembered the doubt she wanted to ask her sister.

"Tai, ek vicharu?" Vara began

(Sis, can I ask something?)

"Ha vichar na" Tarini replied, enjoying her soup.

(Sure, ask away)

"My ovaries just exploded manje kay?"

(What is the meaning of my ovaries just exploded)

"Tarini choked. Vara forwarded the glass of water worriedly.

"What? Kon manala asa?" Tarini asked, still reeling from the shock of this type of question from Vara.
(What? Who said that?)"

"Sarika...first day jevha, sir, I mean Indra Dada, Mr. Chauhan bhetun gele tevha. Mg me search kela internet varti. Tr tithe ruptured ovarian cysts varti mention kela hota. Life threatening pn mention kela hota. But I think ticha context to navta" Vara told her innocently,

(Sarika... on the first day when sir, I mean Indra Dada, Mr. Chauhan met, then. I searched on the internet. There I found about a medical condition called ruptured ovarian cysts, and they also mentioned that it can be life-threatening. But I think Sarika said it in some other context.)