Chapter 1

Neighbor Nuisance

I flickered my eyes open as I began stretching. I was jolted from my sleep by a loud knock, I had to open it, it might be important. Like business stuff. Wait, isn't it a sunday? This better be worth waking up to.

"Coming.." I muttered, sure enough that the person at the door didn't hear me. I swiftly opened my door and narrowed my eyes on the dimwitted person before me, who happens to be someone I actually know.

He grinned down at me, as if proving how taller he was. "What do you want, Collin?" I glared up at him. He shrugged, "I need to use the bathroom." he smoothly went pass me to help himself.

I closed the door and turned to face him, "Excuse me? Don't you have a room?" I threw my hands in the air, exasperated.

Collin rolled his eyes at me and smirked, "Locked myself out."

"You and I both know that that's a lie." I pointed out, he frowned at me in reply before vanishing into my bathroom. And after a few seconds, he flushed then faced me again.

"Can't you just help me out?" he gave me a goofy smile, and we both knew that he really needed slut-control. "Fine. But this is the last time." I heaved a heavy breath and crossed my arms.

I realized that I was wearing my ex's long white sleeves, which made me look quite smaller than I usually am. I grabbed a skirt and a blazer and wore my heels. I turned to look at Collin one last time, while giving him the finger, mouthing 'you owe me.' as I left my room.

I strode to his door and barged right in to see a half naked brunette, licking off nutela from a spoon 'seductively'.

"OH MY GOD HE DIDN'T TELL YOU???" I half screamed, as my eyes became watery. I saw her smile wipe off, "Oh shit, I didn't know. Oh my God." she seemed flushed.

I faked my sob, and slowly, she picked up her clothes one by one, apologizing non-stop. And after a minute or two, she was gone. Thank God my mum's good at acting.

"COAST IS CLEAR COLLIN." I hollered at him, entering his room as if it was my own. Well, we're the only one's who live in the floor, so yeah.

I made coffee using his coffee maker, and I have to admit, it's better than mine.

Collin's apartment is more modern, it has blackwalls, maroon floor. Black bed with creamy white covers. Black tv set, black kitchen. While my apartment, is more urban-ish. I have bricked walls, I had a kingsized bed, that had white comforters, a vintage sofa, with a vintage hd tv. You may think I have it all, but no, I do not. I don't have job.

"Hun, would you mind frying me some bacons?" Collin snapped me out of my thoughts, I nodded and smiled. "Sure assface."

I fried some bacons and eggs, and served him his breakfast. He was in his boxers, rude.

"Why don't you, put some clothes on, before eating with me. Yeah?" I recommended, since I felt very uncomfortable around naked men. He stared at me blankly and said, "No."

I huffed and began eating my breakfast, turning my back on him.

"Hey Stace.." he called me, I could hear hesitance from his tone. "What?"

"Do you really need to look for a job today?" he asked out of the blue, I shrugged and finished my meal, I then turned to face him.

Raising an eyebrow at him, "Why do you ask?" 

"Well, I was kinda hoping maybe you'd come and watch me perform? Along with my band? At a cafe?" he said in a sheepish manner.

See, Collin's the kind of guy that you'd love to hang out with. He's into music and sports. He has it going with the ladies. He has a badass reputation at every food chain in New York, and, he knows how to say no to his dad. If you're guessing why I know so much about him, try hanging out with him for 16 hours, in an elevator. 

"I still have to find a job Collin. I'm gonna have to pay rent too you know." I sighed and remembered how broke I've become. I mean, landing in New York is a nightmare.

Collin gave me a smugged look, "How bout I get you a job at a friend's company? Sound good?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me, something tells me this is a bad idea.

"As long as I don't need to strip, I'll take it. And fine, I'll go to your stupid mini-concert." I faked a glare, it soon vanished the moment Collin did his cheery dance. I had to admit, for a tough fellow, he looked kinda cute sometimes.

~

hihihi, so a brief summary for this chapter.

Stacey and Collin already met before, they are neighbors and Stacey is jobless. Collin helps Stacey get a job. And viola. :)

hope you guys like it!