CHAPTER 1

The news report flashed on the screen of local television.

"Ai Gaku Engi Corporation introduced a mysterious masked singer who immediately caught the attention of the citizens of Finean. Known as Safaia, the masked singer's mask is made out of real sapphire stones and it has a detachable semi see-through cloth to cover the face of the new singer."

"The masked singer, Safaia, whose real identity remained anonymous, won awards best newcomer at the annual Music Festival attracting attention worldwide with her career only a year ago."

"The masked singer, Safaia, had no plans to reveal her face and identity for the time being and said that she enjoys keeping her life private."

"Fans are guessing who Safaia really was ranging from one popular singer to another but all were merely speculations and Ai Gaku Engi Corporation remained silent and avoided to comment further."

"Safaia, the masked singer, received an award for the first time as the best female artist and the album of the year at the Tysonhall Awards which is the most prominent award in the country but her speech was cut off after one pop singer, Darwin Fong, cut her off and asked her to take off her mask in front of the crowd to prove that she deserves the reward. Darwin touched Safaia's mask to remove it but the hosts were swift enough to stop him from causing further ruckus but Safaia immediately left the theater after receiving her award. This situation was somehow similar to Taylor Swift's VMA award where Kanye West interrupted her speech."

"Darwin Fong started posting about Safaia calling her a fake and Ai Gaku Engi Corporation were just gold diggers ripping people off by having one of their staff wear a mask and hire an anonymous singer to be Safaia's voice. Ai Gaku Engi Corporation denied those claims and said that they will sue Darwin Fong for defamation."

"An anonymous source from Darwin Fong' group posted a video of a woman whom people assumed is Safaia that she is removing her mask and greeting the executives of Ai Gaku Engi Corporation Industries leading to people believe Darwin Fong' claim that Safaia was only a staff of the company pretending to be a singer. The company's CEO, Mr. Landon Yu, denied all claims and said that the videos were false but couldn't explain why he was on the video when the staff removed the mask and greeted him and his wife."

"Safaia lost all her nominations following the allegations made by Darwin Fong and her album sales went down. Meanwhile, the face of the woman behind the mask was found to be Coralie Leighton, a marketing officer at Ai Gaku Engi Corporation. People were torn as some believed Coralie was fake and a liar while some believed what Darwin Fong said. Citizens were divided, sharing different opinions regarding the matter. The company also withdrew the defamation case against Darwin Fong due to unknown circumstances."

"This news just came in. Darwin Fong, the pop singer who's famous for the song 'High Five', passed away last Tuesday due to natural causes. His family requested to have some privacy at this time for them to grieve over the loss of a loved one. Details will be provided once his family has finished with the arrangements."

"Coralie Leighton, the alleged woman behind the masked singer, came out 5 years after being caught on film and confessed to setting things up and working with Darwin Fong. She finally provided the details on how she and Darwin planned and set everything up. She apologized sincerely to Ai Gaku Engi Corporation for what she and Darwin did."

"Ai Gaku Engi Corporation's stocks went up after Coralie Leighton confessed and provided the entire details of the fraud in an exclusive press conference. Fans of Safaia are now outside the company holding signs asking Safaia for forgiveness and begging her to come back and create more music. The company remained quiet about the plea and only said that it would be up to Safaia whether she will return or not after the doubts that people showed her. Now, everyone is wondering where is the real Safaia? and will she ever return to the music industry?"