CHAPTER 2

Nick struggled to sleep and he was not himself when he woke up the following day. He accidentally spilled his coffee, kept on missing the queue during practice, and forgot the lines of the song that he's singing. The rest of his bandmates began to worry as it was unlikely for Nick to be this distracted. Nick excused himself and went out for a jog leaving the rest to practice without him. He ended up in front of Love Cafe and Patisserie and thought that he could use some coffee. While waiting for his coffee to be served, he saw Azalea arranging some flowers on a vase. He stood up and walked towards her then asked if they could talk. Azalea was reluctant but she just agreed.

"I know we just met and I seriously don't know who else I can talk to. I cannot tell my bandmates about this so I'm going to tell you instead." Nick said.

"Uhh... Aren't you worried that I might tell the press or anyone?" Azalea asked reluctantly.

"You're right. But.. Still. I really need to tell someone. I can't focus at all or anything." Nick said in defeat.

Azalea got confused but she just stayed while Nick drank his coffee.

"Okay! Here's the thing. I was in a relationship with a certain someone in the past and we broke up but now I saw her again and it's crazy." Nick whispered.

"And... I should care because?"

"That someone is Hotaru Thalia Amasaki!" Nick whispered, panicking.

"WHAT?!" Azalea reacted in surprise.

The people inside the cafe suddenly looked at her and she had to apologize before pulling Nick outside the cafe.

"Okay. You can stop pranking me before I toss you again like I did the last time." Azalea warned.

"I'm not joking, martial arts girl. I'm serious. That is why I couldn't tell anybody." Nick responded.

"M-Martial arts girl???" Azalea reacted in disbelief.

"You gotta believe me. I was in a relationship with Hotaru and when we met last night at the welcome party, I was too overwhelmed and she... she threatened to ruin my career. Now, I'm afraid that she would do things to me and my band would get affected. I just don't want my bandmates to suffer and have their careers ruined because of me. This is why I keep messing up earlier at practice and I keep messing up with other things today." Nick narrated.

"I think you should just fight back and not let her ruin your career but in order to do that, you must let your bandmates know about it. They will understand. I mean, they should if they are really your friends." Azalea responded.

"I can't tell them. I almost ruined Hotaru's career in the past which is why she hates me. If my bandmates find out, they will resent me." Nick said sadly.

"You'll never know unless you tell them." Azalea advised.

Nick became quiet for a bit then took a deep breath. "Here's what happened..."

12 YEARS AGO...

Blaketon International School was the home of many students around the world that had almost 3000 students from nursery until senior high school. Aside from scholarship, the school offered boarding and meals as well for Grade 6 and up but was completely voluntary whether the parents would take advantage of it or not. Discipline was strictly imposed in the school. There was a strict dress code for students to comply and no one should be inside the school premises after 8PM unless it was due to practice or scouting activities and the school's shuttle service would take the students home or back to their dorms afterwards which seemed ideal to the parents as well as the students.

The school year was coming to a close and the students were preparing for their finals. Nick came out of the library with a couple of books. His backpack was barely hanging on his shoulder while he made his way to the cafeteria. Upon arriving, he saw Hotaru sitting near the window. He rushed towards her and gave her a kiss on her cheeks. She gave him a smile then handed him a bento box with dishes she cooked at home for him.