inuokko

this is what being a mitski fan does to you btw

Yuta was walking around the school. It was only his 1st month here, and he was still learning how to integrate himself back into a normal social circle.. He hadn't had any friends since Rika died, so..

His thoughts trailed off as he looked outside. He was on the 4th floor of the school, the sun was starting to set, the sky painted a beautiful shade of orange. Outside, he saw Inumaki, Panda, and Maki.
They were training, all three of them, Inumaki had his scarf down, but he wasn't talking. He had his hands in his pockets, dodging Makis' incredibly fast blows while Panda was trying to intercept and get them both at once, to which both sorcerers dodged and Panda fell to the floor.

Yuta chuckled a bit, continuing to walk and looking at them training. Maki said something to Inumaki, to which he nodded and stood on the sidelines. Maki went after Panda while Inumaki watched, holding up a sign with a chibi version of Makis' face on it, albeit shakily drawn on, as she pinned Panda down and 'threatened' him with her weapon.

Yuta chuckled. They were all so incredible..
He put his hands in his pockets, smiling softly. He felt a little less lonely than how he had when he was locked up underground, and he was starting to feel grateful to Gojo for not letting him cast everything away.
So, things were looking up.

Yuta sighed a bit, shutting his eyes as he thought about what he should eat for dinner.. He wanted some sushi, so maybe he'd invite Inumaki to go with him-

Yuta yelped as he felt himself trip over his shoelace, his hands still in his pockets and as he braced himself for a surely nasty fall, he felt someone grabbing the back of his shirt and keeping him from falling.
He was caught off guard, he thought he was completely alone, but apparently not. He thought it might've been Gojo or something at first, but when he glanced back, he was surprised to see the same person he had LITERALLY just seen downstairs, playing referee for his fighting friends..

"I-Inumaki..?!-"
He furrowed his brows with wide eyes, Inumaki pulled him up to his feet.

"Kombu."
He put his hand up, a greeting he had become familiar with.
It took him a second to understand, he racked his mind and remembered. 'Kombu = a greeting, right..'

"How- Uhm.. Hello, Inumaki-San. How did you.. Get up here?"
He glanced back down, Maki and Panda were still fighting and Inumaki was obviously gone, since he was up here.

"Tuna."

That didn't help at all.
Inumaki had his scarf up again, but the soft smile on his was evident..
He was looking up at him, his hands now in his pocket.
So it's a secret, huh..?

"Thanks for.. Catching me..?"
He said a bit nervously, blushing.
Inumaki was a mysterious person to Yuta, despite the fact that Inumaki could technically talk to him (somewhat) normally and all he'd have to do was be a bit considerate of the weight his words carried, he just.. Didn't.. Yuta could surely handle it since he had an incredible amount of expendable cursed energy to use, and Rika would protect him anyways.. But Inumaki seemed sheepish to.
Perhaps a past accident, perhaps an old habit.. Perhaps both.

"Shakè."
He bowed his head, still smiling softly.
Yuta blushed a bit, Inumaki was a bit awkward, just like him. Well, more than a bit. It was impossible for him to converse with Inumaki really, but the rest of the first years already seemed to hold full conversations with him.. All he understood was that 'Shakè' meant agreement or 'you're welcome' and 'Kombu' meant a greeting, and 'Okaka' meant disagreement or distaste.
He didn't understand him at all- Wait, shit, he was in his head again and Inumaki was just standing there..