inuokko

Inumaki was about to go on another mission, when Gojo arrived seemingly out of nowhere, to inform him that he would be going on another mission with Yuuta. He's grown to love Yuuta quite a bit over the past 4 months or so, ever since he joined Jujutsu Tech. He tries to understand him, like, really tries. Tries his hardest, which isn't something anyone else bothers to do for him. That's not to say that Maki or Panda don't try to understand, but Toge's never met someone like Yuuta.

Anyways, he has to seek him out, and he's probably training right about now. He's always trying his hardest, doing his best, and Inumaki struggles to understand how he has all the motivation for it.

He does find Yuuta, who seems to be packing up after another training session with Maki. Seems Gojo already informed him. They greeted each other and made their way to the car and to the mission.

They arrived at the place, it was slightly dark and eery, as most mission sites are. The duo looked around.

..

This place is dark and spooky, it's pretty standard for a mission, but it's.. Creepy in a different way, i don't like it at all.

Theres a pit in my stomach, but maybe that's just me overthinking..

I look around, Inumaki seems less bothered than I am.

There are spirits everywhere..

It gets darker as we continue walking and i feel anxious, like something's following me.

Wait- Is something following me?
I look behind me to check.
No, there's nothing there.

I check again- still nothing.

I clench my fists, this is suddenly terrifying and I don't know why.

This mission is bound to fail, maybe we'll die-
Oh god, I feel sick, my palms are sweaty, I can't breathe, I'm gonna die here, aren't I? I'm gonna fail and Inumaki's gonna die here too- I can't do this- Oh god what do I d—

"Yuu-"

"AAAHHHHHHHHH"

I screamed as a hand was placed on my shoulder, my head whipped back and..

Oh- It's just Inumaki.

His expression was concerned for a split second.

OH, ITS INUMAKI.

HIS EXPRESSION IS NOW TERRIFIED AND HE LOOKS LIKE HE LOST EVERY OUNCE OF BLOOD IN HIS BODY, LIKE HIS HEART JUST SKIPPED 10 BEATS AT ONCE.

HES SHAKING AND SWEATING AND HE LOOKS THOROUGHLY SPOOKED.

"Aaaah-.. I- INUMAKI?-"

Was all I could muster.
He didn't respond.
I could hear his breathing.

"OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY-"

I said in a stupid attempt to apologize.

"Sh-Shake-"
Inumaki replied in a shaky voice.

"I'm so sorry- Oh my god that was so stupid- I was just stuck in my thoughts and-"

"Shake,"
Inumaki said with more composure as he took a deep breath, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a small chuckle that he didn't seem to be able to contain. I smiled.

Inumaki is kind. yay i'm gay..

//

silly lil short story from a comic i found on pinterest!