Chapter 11

To say Jamie wasn't nervous about showering with Eric was a lie, he had never showered with anyone in his life and now he would be able to see Eric in all his naked glory. He followed Eric in the bathroom that slowly began to steam up. Eric raised an eyebrow at the younger man before stripping off and he smirked when he saw Jamie checking him out. "Like what you see initiate?" He teased, watching the other man blush. Eric walked into his shower and Jamie quickly followed suit, unsure on what to do, while showering with someone else.

Eric stepped to the side for Jamie to go under the water. Eric took that opportunity to look at Jamie had he couldn't help but run his fingers gently over the scars on his back. Jamie froze and took a deep breath, not wanting to startle Eric. "How old were you when it started?" He asked. "Six." Jamie replied. Eric sighed and put shampoo in his hair and passed the bottle to Jamie. They didn't say anymore and showered in silence. When both men were done, they got out the shower and dried themselves off.

"So, what have you got planned?" Eric asked while drying his hair. "Probably find Alex and see what he is up to. It's been a while since I've seen him. What about you?" Jamie had his towel wrapped around his lower half, slightly embarrassed to be seen naked by Eric, which didn't go unnoticed by the leader. "Catch up on the fights." "Fair enough." Jamie replied and left the bathroom to get ready. Eric had given Jamie five minutes, to not further humiliate him and came into the bedroom. He saw Jamie wearing his black combat trousers and a simple black vest which he used for training. "Have you not got any other clothes?" Eric asked. Jamie blushed again and shook his head. "I didn't have time to go shopping with all the training and stuff. Didn't see the point." He admitted. Eric laughed. "I'm sure I have something your size." With that Eric went into his wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black ripped jeans, black v neck top and a black hoodie. "Have those, they should fit, and I suggest buying some clothes tonight." Eric smiled. "Thanks." Jamie replied and quickly got changed.

Eric checked Jamie out when he was dressed and those jeans fit him nicely, the hoodie was slightly too big, but he might grow into it. "Now go have fun." Eric told Jamie, playfully shoving him out the door. Jamie laughed and left, going to the pit to find his friends.

***

It didn't take long to find the red-haired man and the rest of the group. "Oh my god, do I see a ghost?" Alex gasped jokingly. Cameron, Lewis and Alice looked up and Alice ran to hug him. Jamie hugged her back trying to keep his balance. She slapped him on his arm. "Where have you been? We've been worried." She scolded. He felt all eyes on him. "Kinda got stabbed in the dorms, so have been recovering." He admitted. He saw Lewis shake his head. "I heard something went down in those dorms; I wondered if it was you." Jamie nodded. "Where are you staying now?" Cameron spoke up. "I'm not allowed to say, but I'm safe." He hoped his friends would accept that and not try and dig. "Fair enough." Cameron replied. "What are our plans this fine evening as young Jamie has decided to join us." Alex asked. Alice scoffed. "He's the same age as us dick." She laughed at Alex, who grinned back at her. He had missed his friends. "Well, I need clothes." Jamie admitted. He could see Alice's green eyes glisten. "You could do with a tattoo too and maybe a new hair colour. No offence but you still scream stiff." "That's rude." Lewis replied. Jamie smiled sadly. "It's true!" Alice defended herself. "Are you sure you're not Candor?" Cameron added. "Fuck you, I can still kick your ass!" She laughed. "Come on then, clothes, tattoo, haircut and drink!" She punched the air. "Fine." Alex groaned.

***

A couple of hours later, Jamie had new clothes, his hair shaved bald at the sides and a phoenix tattoo on his arm they were sat at the bar with their first beers. Jamie looked at it and took a small sip. "Have you never had beer before?" Alex asked. Jamie shook his head. "Wow." He replied. "Whatcha think?" "It's alright." He replied and took a bigger sip this time. He saw Cameron down his beer, with Alice following suit, then Lewis and Alex, they all turned to look at Jamie and he did the same. They all cheered, and Alice went off to get them all a refill. Jamie took out a cigarette from a packet he bought during his shopping trip and offered the group. Alex took one and lit his and passed Jamie the lighter. Both men taking a puff before speaking again.