Chapter 2: Life Demands Change

Words: 2201

Okay so before we start cause I forgot to say last time. There is most likely going to be no love interest. If there were one... Honestly I don't know who I'd make the love interest so we'll just ignore that possibility.

And secondly, I don't know if I made this known last chapter, but Y/n has a mechanical right arm.

Lastly, I'm gonna be honest. I'm not that proud of this chapter. I have no idea why, but out of every chapter I made in my life from every book I've, this was the most annoying and aggravating one to make. Almost everything felt off, and far too repetitive for what I was initially trying to make, so I settled with this.

But even now I feel this one is a bit too fast paced, and just off. Maybe it's just because it is off, or because I'm sick it seems worse then it is. Honestly I don't know, I just hope it is enjoyable enough.

And for those curious the next chapter is going to be the last before episode 1, so the story from the show will technically start at chapter 4.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Speaking"

'Whispering/Mumbling'

[Thinking]

{Translation}

------------------------------------------------------------

JCJenson is a very highly advanced company. Not just any tools or machinery can be used, so that's why every month Copper-9 would get large shipments of equipment made specifically by those back on Earth, or their main secondary exo planet. The contents of said equipment can vary from replacement parts, tools, machinery, blueprints, safety gear, and much more. It was all stored inside a large building, akin to that of a mall, having 2 floors, that only JCJENSON employees and those higher up can access.

And in this place held 3 disassembly drones. "Ugh, do we really have to be doing this?" V groaned, tossing a random hunk of machinery behind her. "Why does it matter that some random human lives?" She continued on. "Because the company wants him alive. And that's all the reasoning we need. You need to drop this petty behavior. Just accept it, and stop whining about it." J spat, a glare directed towards the other. "Whatever." V walked off in some random direction. "I'm gonna go do our actual job and hunt something! She proclaimed, flying out one of the broken windows.

'Insubordination.' J grumbled, looking back through the multiple items lining the shelvings. After a few minutes having passed N walked up to J, holding a box. "Hey boss, I think I found one that would actually work!" He happily proclaimed, lifting the top off the cardboard box. Inside was a dark gray, near black respirator mask. Grabbing the mask out the box, observing the quality of the product. "Should work for now. Come on, we're leaving now."

"Wait, shouldn't we tell V we're leaving?" N asked, tilting his head. "No. She already left, come on. Grab the things and let's go." Feeling only slightly disappointed N grabbed the backpack they brought with, J holding the mask, the duo flying off to spire, metal wings cutting through the air. Upon landing the duo walked into the pod, the first thing they noticed was the human nowhere to be seen, all that was left behind being the blankets and pillow N found for Y/n on day 2.

"Huh, he's gone...?" N questioned, looking around worriedly. J groaned, frustration growing, hands clenching as they rested against her forehead. 'Just sit in the pod. That's all I told him to do. Why am I surrounded by such idiots who can't follow a single simple order?!' She growled, pacing around the pod. N sat in his seat, waiting for the other drone to finish her rant.

"N, you're staying in case he comes back. I'm going to find that idiot." She ordered, exiting the pod, her wings unfolding from her back, flying off into the sky. N, as always, did as he was told, staying seated. Tail wrapping around his leg, resting his head against the back of the seat, idly kicking his legs in front of him.