chapter 3 clay and viva

The group of five  have been on the road for a couple hours now Bruce decided to take over the wheel with Tiny who is content laying against him.

It was getting quiet in Rhonda so Bruce decides  to turn on the radio and Watch me work is playing. "Oh, my kids love these guys. We’re a total Veneer household" He says grinning.  "They’re the ones who have Floyd!" John Dory tells him. Bruce winces "Oh sorry I had no idea" Really he didn't, it wasn't like anyone told him their names all they said was that two famous pop singers held him captive.

"That’s Velvet and Veneer’s spicyhot new single “Watch Me Work.” Catch them tomorrow night at the Rage Dome where they’ll be receiving the Lifer Award." The announcer says on the radio before Bruce turns it off. Tomorrow night? "Guys, will Floyd even make it through that show?" Branch says rightfully worried Floyd was only one troll there was only so much talent he could give.

"Don’t worry. We’re gonna make it.We’ve been looking for clues to find Clay" Poppy says  putting up a piece of merchandise on the clueboard. Branch's eye twitches at the statement. "Oh, I’m sorry. The clue board? You mean my clue board?That I made?We like the clue board now?!" He asks them both annoyed who just ignore him.

"Uh what is he wearing?" Poppy asks pointing at Clay. "Oh those are just his....." it hits him like a bat to the face. "Funderdrawers!" He says as he realized there could be a way to locate Clay. He goes over to a glass case where the funderdrawers were located and breaks the glass releasing a horrible smell that actually causes him and Poppy to gag it was so bad on their noses.

But bad as it was he could easily pick up Clays scent and if he could do it then Rhonda could as well.  "John Dory, I have no idea why you saved these.It’s incredibly disgusting,but I’m glad you did." He says grinning as he grabs a stick from his hair. "What? They’re memorabilia.But I will be good goshdarned if I know how they’re gonna help us find Clay."  He says crossing his arms.

"You'll see" Branch says smirking as he heads  to the front of Rhonda and holds out he drawers with a stick. "Help us, Rhonda." He asks and she sniffs them and then let's out a low rumble. "Alright she’s got the scent!" Branch exclaims glad his plan worked and heads back in.

They then head to the drivers seat where Spruce and Tiny are. "Hey, Tiny. You see that button?" John asks pointing to a orange spiral button that has the word hustle over it.  "Uh yeah" He replies smiling. "That beautiful, shiny button?" John asks smirking he knows how kids are with bright shiny buttons.

"Oh, you mean the button that is taking every fiber of my being not to press? Yeah, I see it." He says lukring around the button. "Press it" John says giving Tiny the ok. "Awww heck yeah! Let's do the hustle baby!" He says jumping on the button and Rhonda speeds up like crazy and soon jumps into a weird portal and well.....it got weird.....very very weird.

Branch wonders if he somehow took a ring pop again but ring pops usually don't do this?! And then soon they see a weird hustle guy? Who helps speed them up even more and soon drops them off and the trolls land on the ground dazed and confused at what just happened.

"Wow.Too much hustle is a thing" Poppy simply says as she shakes her head. "Huh. Look at that" Branch says as he waves his paw back and forth seeing the rainbow effect still there. Though after a few minutes it fades away.

The soon arrove at some weird abandoned place did Clay really live here? "Are we sure this is where Clay lives?" Branch asks go make sure. "Are we sure?Our GPS is an armadillo bus sniffing used undies. So, no, we’re not sure" Tiny replies from the child strap that Bruce has on.