Chapter 8. First friend

Y/n: Hmm where should we go?

Alexia:...

Y/n: I'm asking you a question.

Alexia: U-Uhh anywhere is fine..

Alexia's cheeks were a light shade of red as she held her left arm.

Y/n: Ehh, don't tell me you're taking what my mum said seriously.

Alexia: S-Shut up! As if!

Y/n deadpanned.

Y/n: Sure just try to keep that blood circulating. Since my mum got the wrong Idea we've got quite a few options.

Y/n turned his head to a grand restaurant with big letters spelling "ASCENT".

Y/n: I think I'll go all out, we're going to the Alpine Ascent restaurant.

Alexia: Isn't that a r-restuarant where adults go? Adults, t-that are dating?

Y/n: Yeah but.. THINK ABOUT IT! They say the food is so good that pseudo-royals dine there on special occasions! According to rumours, even your father likes the food.

Alexia: Really?

Y/n began nodding his head vigorously.

Y/n: Shall we?

Y/n had a happy and excited grin on his face.

Alexia: Mn.

Y/n grabbed her arm and walked toward the restaurant.

--

Hostess: What can I do for you, young sir?

Y/n: I'd like a table for two.

Hostess: Young sir are you sure you have the funds for such a meal? ^I feel bad he probably wants to show off in front of his girlfriend.^

Y/n: Yeah, uhh I've got around.. Thirty gold coins.

Hostess: *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* I'm sorry how much!

Y/n: Thirty.

Hostess: R-Right this way. ^These damn nobles how much money are they giving their children?^

Y/n: ^Why is he acting so weird?^

The Hostess seated them and brought them two menus.

Hostess: I'll be back in five minutes, young masters.

Y/n: Uhh.

Alexia nodded her head.

Y/n: What a weirdo.

Alexia: It's only natural, didn't you say pseudo-royals dine here?

Y/n: Yeah.

Alexia: It's a bit surprising If two kids come up here demanding a table out of the blue.

Y/n: I guess, enough about him tell me how are you planning to win your next fight?

Alexia: I'll bulldoze my way through and challenge nee-san!

Y/n: To do that you'll need to beat me, we're in the same bracket and also brute force isn't always the best way.

Alexia: Yeah yeah whatever. ^Nee san fights that way so I'm sure that's the right direction.^

Y/n: *Sigh* I guess sisters will be sisters.

Alexia: What's wrong with brute force?

Y/n: There are multiple reasons as to why brute force isn't the best approach. To be the best fighter you don't have to be the strongest physically after all the winner is the last one standing.