002. The Vice Principal gets a Missile Launcher

Evelyn

We rushed to where we heard battling, me, Thalia, and Grover came from behind. Thalia pulled out her shield. Percy looked terrified at her, shes not that scary.

Dr. Thorn growled when he saw her
"For Zeus!"

"Woo. For Zeus." I said sarcastically, pulling out my sword. (dont ask where it was its just always there shhh)

Thalia jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside, i was struggling to hold a laugh which made Grover glare at me.

Dr. Thorn's hand changed into an orange paw, with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. Of it hadnt been for Thalia's sword, she wouldve been dead, which i can get by. She rolled backwards and barely landed on her feet.

"That was graceful." I remarked and she rolled her eyes.

I heard a helicopter roaring in the distance. Dr. Thorn launched another volley of missiles at Thalia, knocking her to the ground.

"Where'd he get a missile launcher? I want one!" I spoke, nobody was answering me.

Grover sprang forward. He put hid reed pipes to his lips and began to play a frantic jig that sounded like something pirates would dance to. (pirates of caribbean???) Glass broke through the snow. Within seconds, rope-thick weeds were wrapping around Dr. Thorn's legs, entangling him.

Dr. Thorn roared and began to change. He grew larger until he was in his true form—his face still human, but his body that of a huge lion. His leather, spiky tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions which I barely dodged.

"A manticore!" Annabeth said, taking off her cap to become visible.

"Who are you people?" Im assuming Bianca, demanded. "And what is that?"

"A manticore?" The younger boy gasped. "Hes got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

I assumed he was talking about a video game or something, but didnt think much about it.

The manticore clawed Grover's magic weeds to shreds then turned toward us with a snarl

"Get down!" Annabeth pushed the siblings flat into the snow and I got shoved down by Thalia. Percy pulled out a shield from his watch. Grover landed on Percy with a thwack and a yelp.

"Yield!" The monster roared.

"Never!" Thalia yelled, right in my ear. She charged at the monster, but a thunderstorm noise blasted behind us and a blaze of light flashed. The helicopter appeared out of the mist, hovering just beyond the cliffs. It was a sleek black military-style gunship, with attachments on the sides that looked like laser-guided rockets. The helicopter had to be manned by mortals, but what was it doing here, i could tell Percy was thinking the same thing. The lights blinded me and Thalia, and the manticore swatted her away with its tail and she landed next to me. She had a look in her eyes that said, 'Dont even say anything.' And i held my hands up defensively. Her spear and shield flying in different directions.

"No!" Percy yelled charging for the monster with his shield.

Dr. Thorn laughed. "Now do you see hopeless it is? Yield, little heroes."

We were trapped between a monster  and a fully armed helicopter. We had no chance.

Then a clear, piercing sound, the call of a hunting horn blowing into the woods.

The manticore froze. For a moment, no one moved. Then there was only a swirl of snow and wind and the chopping of the helicopter blades.

"No," Dr. Thorn said. "It cannot be—"