Chapter 4

(A little later in the car)
Isabella's POV: I sigh in frustration as I follow behind my mom where the hell are we going? I can feel Melody looking at me," I know you have questions and I'll answer whatever you want me to." I exhale calming myself down a little as she says that whether I like it or not she is still my best friend and other than my twin she knows me better than anyone else on this planet," what is this? Where are we going?" I ask simply, she nods her head softly before she starts to answer me," I assume your mom explained to you what you and your brothers are...your special where you're going... it's a special place built to protect, blossoming, amazing demigods like you and Khai. And Percy will finally be around kids who understand him." I exhale softly as she explains it it doesn't sound like a bad place but it's no Harvard," I know you had your heart set on law school next fall." at this point, it's like Melody is reading my mind but of course, she would know that she's the only one who knows what my plans were. I was waiting for this trip to tell my mom, Khai, and Percy," It's fine....hey Mel?" I say, softly and nervously was all of this planned was she always supposed to be around me?....
Was our friendship even real?" hmm?" She comes back softly. I exhale as I continue to drive following my mom," Who are you?...w-what are you ?" I ask in all curiosity, taking small glances at the scales on her. She smiles gently as she looks at me.," I'm Melody Parker I am your best friend in this entire universe I have been since we were 10 none of that was fake.... I was here to protect you as your protector..... and I am a mermaid." my next snap so harshly when I look at her as tears gloss over my eyes in realization," mermaid." I say back to how I met her on the beach playing mermaids. She had a tail on... If it was fake at all," your mom was surprised how young I was that I would be like Grover older than you, but I look younger." I scrunch up my face as she starts to explain. What the heck does she mean? Older?!. ," I'm sorry, older? We'll get to that later... Tell me more about camp." I say as I drive still trying to let all of the sink in. I wonder how Percy and Khai are taking it.

(In Khai's Car)
Percy's POV: I turn my head to Grover and confusion the minute he says something about camp.... I'm sorry camp?" I'm sorry camp?" Khai says  What were both thinking. Grover glances at my mom as she drives," you told them about camp, right?" he questions to which my mom quickly replies," Not yet no." Before glancing at me and Khai," Camp is a sanctuary for blood a safe  space where you can learn who you are and what the world is like on the other side of the mist." call explains as he looks at Kai like he's about to say something else but doesn't, "uh it's not far actually just a little ways past the bend  up there." he directs my mom to drive to which I just stare at her," mom what else haven't we talked about?" I ask looking at her from the backseat. Khai shares my expression as he continues with the questions," What else haven't you told us? What other secrets have you been keeping from Isabella?" Mom looks at him, her face covered with guilt. She knows how Bella feels about secrets being kept in the dark. Suddenly we all hear a streetlight explode behind us and  Isabella swerves just to drive next to us. We all look behind us. I stare in shock as I see an all too familiar creature trudging towards us," Is that the Minotaur?" I asked in shock as me and Khai look at Grover, whose eyes were just as wide as ours, as he started to explain," Once the attacks start, they never let up Okay? Dodds was just the beginning. He is next. He—he is brutal he is relentless-." Khai cuts him off his dick accent cutting through all of our voices as he tilts his head in shock," he is still wearing underpants." All of our faces flush into worry as we look at Bella driving in a rush next to us we roll our windows down," Whatever you do.do not slow down!" Khai shouts to her she just nods her head as she continues to drive.
Grover looks back at the Minotaur before turning back to us as he starts to speak again," The mathematic cards were training. Everything has been training for what's still ahead of you. All of you." he says, glancing over at Isabella's car," what's ahead of us?" I say, in shock, my mom's voice, strange as she speaks to us, "Boys...hold on please." She says, I nod my head softly," I'm 24 ..; Don't worry Melody is 18 like the twins." Grover says. Khai's eyes widen as he watches the Minotaur catch up to us. Mom presses at the gas as hard as she can but we all watch in shock as the Minotaur gets so close that it's directly next to us. Mom tries to swerve, but it blocks her and busts in the window, one of its horns hooked to the wheel. She throws it just in time, but she loses control of the car, hitting the car directly next to us.....Bella. I sigh nervously as blackness engulfs my vision.