A Cold Winter's Night

One midwinter's eve  the full moon rose high in the sky covering the entire dark forest with a silver coating of cursed light. The great tall trees had all shed their leaves into the ground which has now become only white snow. The tree's barks were deep brown to black in color with a thin coating of white. The snow soft ground was slowly swirling with a cold light blue fog that ventured very far throughout the bleak and blood curdling woods. Small thick textured berry shrubs and wild bushes were the only green colored thing in sight. Looking up into the night's sky gave an unusual chill through ones ordinary body with the heavy smoke of grey clouds that only lit up when the shining moon was near it. Midnight was near when sound piercing howls echoed about the great expanse of land. 

All the loud arousing noises that emanated from the nearby wood compact forest awoke a young hunter named Ryan Argent. He did not wanted to wake his old and tired dad, Scott Argent so he kept silence and prepared himself for the harsh weather awaiting outside of his wooden cabin. He was tall, muscled built with a well shaped body and fair in his complexion. His hair was a perfect dark brown color that was kept neat and attractive. His eyes were an unbelievable brown and his lips were pink like cherry blossom. He had high cheek bones that he often grew long sideburns on to give him a fresh looking edge.

Confident was Ryan when he threw on his long leather jacket and took his oak made bow and the sharp tipped arrows he had forged with silver himself. The minute he opened the door a strong wind of snow bashed against his protected body like a collision of electrons in a stormy nights sky. The winds howled like blood hungry wolves as Ryan mounted his white horse. He galloped away making no sound as the horses hooves trampled in the cold snow. As he approached the lifeless woods the wolf cries became louder like it was calling out for immediate help. He quickly drew his arrow and bow like a professional hunts man jumping off his horse like an assassin striking into the dark and creepy forest by himself.

Suddenly he heard a high pitched deafening scream of terror from a woman's voice not very far from where he was. He desperately searched like an out of control psychopathic human being to find the troubled woman. Then he heard a heart stopping roar that made him frantically point his deadly bow all over. Then he heard a shrill deep growl, as he looked into a dark fog filled part of the woods he saw a pair of blood red glowing eyes. As his heart, mind an soul froze with fear the eyes mysteriously disappeared. Then one low voiced cry for help called out again. Ryan literally made a moments sprint over to a women who was in a cradle of ice cold water which had melted. She looked pale like a vampire. Ryan did not know how to keep her living so he rushed out of the woods like a true hero with her. He mounted his horse and quickly took off. What he did not know was that something was watching him.