Chapter 10: The devil who craved more than fear.

Notes: If one day someone says that the relationship between Hiro and Makima is forced, remember that it took almost 10 chapters for these two to meet. I've seen a ton of fanfics where the main couple likes each other from the first chapter and I'm really fed up with that. In my stories, I will always try not to use anything that has already been generalized by others. So, you can be sure that you will see both relationship and character development.

Oops, I think I just gave a big spoiler, but come on, this was obvious from miles away.

Brief summary of the previous chapter: Kishibe took Hiro to the Demon Research and Devil Hunter Training Center, all in order to teach Hiro some basic things about the hunters' world before going to their meeting with Dr. Yuna. After finishing the little tour, Kishibe goes to the meeting with Yuna Nishimura, so he leaves the boy outside the office with the small hope that nothing happens to him. However, Makima finds Hiro and asks him to go with her to a place that might interest him.

0O0O

The only thing he could feel at the moment was the strange sensation when an elevator moves and the extreme discomfort that was in the place, or at least the discomfort he was feeling because she seemed to be happy with her life.

Why had he agreed to do this? Right now, he was regretting his decision to leave the place where he would wait for Kishibe. But it was too late, they were about 3 floors above the place and if he ran away, who knows what this girl might do to him. Hiro might still be a child, but he knew very well that there was something wrong with Makima, something sinister and strange that he couldn't understand, and that terrified him but in some way also made him curiously disturbed, as it was leading him to take these kinds of risks. Apart from the fact that she had appeared out of nowhere, she exuded a different aura from the rest, it was something combined with mystery, darkness, and either bad or good intentions.

The possibility that she could be something completely different from the rest made him nervous, not to mention scared. Hiro was so nervous that he even started to tremble a little, something that was noticed and felt by Makima since she had not yet let go of his hand, and he hadn't either because at the same time it was a way to feel less scared due to how soft and warm it was becoming. Why was irony always present in his life?

Makima looked at Hiro with a curious and fascinated gaze. It was the first time she had seen another child of her age so closely, she always saw them on television or on the street from the top of the building, but now she had one so close, she had even managed to interact with him.

What would Dr. Yuna think of her? She couldn't be certain, but she thought there was nothing wrong with talking to other humans, especially one her own age.

Essentially, she was excited. Ever since she saw Hiro get out of that hunter's car, she felt drawn to him, it was the first time another child had set foot in these facilities for a long time. They probably wouldn't have much time before they had to leave, so she wanted to show Hiro some things that entertained her, and he could tell her about the things he liked to do.

Why isn't that what little kids do in movies?

The atmosphere felt comfortable and normal to her, the entire place was completely calm with the two of them holding hands, and her smelling his scent even though her nose wasn't on his neck.

Speaking of his scent, the aroma that Hiro emitted was not something she had ever encountered before; many scents she smelled always had that strange feeling of familiarity, as if she had smelled them before. This was because she must have encountered those scents in the past, in one of her many previous lives.