Chapter Nine

Nicole walks past the living room and sees Ken outside the pool patio all alone holding a bottle of whiskey. She walks to him and says, "Was it a rough day today?"

Ken chuckles. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to give you this." Nicole hands Ken the envelope. "I already run though it and I can say it's a great deal. It's the oil finery and the farmland."

Ken looks at Nicole. "You're unbelievable! You still managed to get it done where in fact Franklin despises you so much."

Nicole sits on a sun lounger. "I guess first love never dies. He still cares for me even when he changes sexual preferences. How I wish that ummm I love him the same way I am loving Matthew."

"Just end it. I know you're no longer happy with him." Ken advises his sister.

"Is that your love advise dear brother? Just look at you,(fixing Ken's hair with her fingers) is this about her again? For goodness sake Kenneth it's almost a decade ago! Haven't you moved on?" Nicole says.

"You don't know anything about us. You have no idea what we've been through, of what happened to me, of what I have endured for all these years!" Sips the whiskey from the bottle. "How I wish I could turn back time and just change everything that happened."

"How can I give you a piece of an advise if I'm not fucking aware what happened! You know what you're so unfair, I shared my fucking shits to you but you.... you're too secretive Kenneth!" says Nicole.

"My life is a fucking mess and I don't want you to be part of it!" Ken's reply.

"We are all in a mess, Kenneth! Our life is full of shits and drama!" Nicole blurted out and leaves.

"I have your favorite ice cream in my freezer!" Shouts at Nicole.

Nicole looks back at her brother and just smiles.

Ken gets his cellphone and looks at his photo gallery. He starts scrolling on the pictures he took when CJ was still asleep. He heaves a sigh and stares at CJ's photo sleeping like a beautiful princess. "If I have to beat that fucking Alexander Jade Campbell to death I will definitely do so just to have you back, Catherine. I will never let him get in my fucking way. You are only mine and you belong only to me!"

As the sun began to set, David found himself surrounded by his old friends at a lively beach side bar. The laughter and chatter filled the air as they reminisced about their younger days. Chase, Rafael, Tobie, Lucas, Tori, Han, Mina, and Claire were all there, their bond as tight as ever.

David took a sip of his drink, feeling a sense of comfort and familiarity in the presence of his friends. Memories wild adventures and innocent mischief flooded his mind, reminding him of the carefree days they had once shared.

Suddenly, through a crowd of people, a group of stunningly beautiful and sexy girls caught David's eye. Among them, a woman named Ava stood out. Her radiant smile showcased her confidence, and her energy seemed contagious. David could feel himself drawn to her.

Chase nudged David, a knowing smirk on his face. "Looks like someone's caught your attention," he chuckled.

David blushed slightly, playfully shoving Chase's shoulder. "Don't say nonsense, man. She just caught my eye, that's all."

Rafael, ever the ladies' man, leaned in closer. "Oh, come on, David. You can't deny the chemistry. Go talk to her. Life's too short to hold back."

David rolled his eyes, a mix of nerves and excitement bubbling within him. With newfound encouragement from his friends, he mustered up the courage to approach Ava.