Coffee

...

"Hey, wanna grab some coffee?" He said.

"Of course! Where to?" I asked enthusiastically.

He is a dear friend of mine. We now rarely hang out because of busy schedule. And I'm really glad that he asked me out. Since then we had a love-hate relationship but still have each others back. My relationship with him was great that my mother mistook him as my boyfriend.

"How about 7/11? You in?" He suggested. And I smiled.

"Sure!"

He is sometimes naughty but whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, he is always there for you. We're fooling each other whenever we had a chance but that is just our way to bond. Such a great memory for us to remember.

He treats me like a family, especially his parents whose treating me like their own, I even remember my father jokingly shooed me to them.

Unfortunately that night we went to have some coffee, we met an accident that results of his state right now. He is unconscious 'til now yet he looks in peace. I took care of him, We talk to him but to no avail he still couldn't woke up. And as the doctor suggest, we give him love in any way.

I gently touch his hair as I look at him. How long will you condone the pain in your parent's heart? Especially her, your mother?

I noticed his fingers moved. And I immediately call for the nurses through intercom to inform them that the patient is slowly gaining his consciousness.

He slowly open his eyes, and by the time we made an eye contact, I smiled.

"Hey, wanna grab some coffee?"