第三课 : Green tea

Yangyang looked through his office's windows. How weird the city looked from up here. Everything and everyone looked so small down there. Life were going by before his very eyes.

He hadn't been in Seoul for years. He had been living at his grandparent's house in Taiwan.
His father and mother were both from the beautiful green land. But The family had to move as his fathers company had moved to Seoul beacause of it's popularity in South Korea.
Taiwan were way different than Seoul. It was more down to earth and relaxed, especially where his grandparent's lived.
They lived close enough to the city that they could be in the middle of the noise, and the vibrant and lively areas and far enough away so they could have their calm life by the small tea fields. 
Taiwan were his childhood. From everything like learning to ride a bike, to his very first school love.
And his first kiss.

To a boy.

Much to his fathers dissaproval.
He still remember how his father suddenly turned into a cold and distant person towards YangYang.
At the ripe age of 14 he suddenly only had his grandparents around.
His father was still there.
Just ignoring his son. He had started to ignore his son after he had smacked him around first that is.
His dad had had no mercy when he had thrown the very first to the last punch.
YangYangs grandparents had come home to a beat up boy and his father silently sitting in his office chair while smoking those disgusting cigarettes with strong tobacco.
It was suffocating. The smoke almost a poison green.
From then on his dad rarely were around. Mostly due to his grandparents not wanting their son around when they saw his most disgusting side.
They had an enormous fight. But his dad backed down.
YangYang could stay at his grandparent's away from his dad's anger.
His dad did have one last thing to say before he left for Seoul again (before they both had to move)
"I'll teach him how to be a man. No son of mine shall be a fa**ot" he had said before closing the door.

But the view. The view from the top only reminded him of the good times at his granparents.
It was beautiful.
Yangyang almost hungered after the green tea made from the freshly dried leaves.
He missed his grandmothers mixed tea. She dried and made it herself.
It was excuisite.

He had to find out where the nearest teahouse were. At that moment he missed his grandparents, who had been the softness he had lacked in his childhood when his mother had died. He missed the smell of the incense that burned by the altar of his ancestors, the smell of his grandfather's peppermint oil he used for everything from a headache to his back pain.
He had loved his simple life he had had at his grandparents.

He had to get used to his old life in the city. He didn't know what to do first though. A meal? A drink?
Or maybe both?

A gentle knock could be heard and Yangyang turned around and faced the door.
Xiaojun stood in the doorway with a tray who had an antique teakettle and a little traditional ricecake pastry on it.
The smell of the fragrant tea was nearing Yangyangs nose and the only thing he could think about were his granparent's home.
The delightfull aromas of green tea mixed with fresh yuzu peel.

Xiaojun stood and waited. Yangyang remembered his odd request and called upon him "Do come in Xiaojun"

Xiaojun smiled and almot flew elegantly into the room. You would think he had been a ballet dancer.

 "Thank you sir. I thought you could use some refreshments. So I went through your dad's cabinets and found an exquisite tea collection from your hometown in Taiwan.
The pastry is something I've made myself, so I do indeed hope that it's to your liking.
It shouldn't be too sweet for you. I'll put it on your desk for you.
Please do take a break from your work, so you don't overwork yourself." Xiaojun said while slightly bowing his head.

So he can cook?
Yangyang thought.
Would be nice having him around at home too.
Yangyang hadn't had a homecooked meal since he came back to Seoul. And then Yangyang would have someone pretty to wake up to.
Would help him get out of bed to see a gorgeous man cooking.
He shook his head.
He sounded like an old man who only thought about one thing.
But...could you blame him.
Who wouldn't wake up to that face...
or with that face. 

"Thank you Xiaojun. And thank you for your thoughtfulness." Yangyang said with a small crooked smile.
He were indeed thankful for the excuse to take a longer break.
It was a tough change to suddenly be the CEO of a company he had only worked at as an intern in.
He never saw his dad or Xiaojun at work though.
Mainly because they had been all the way at the top of the building, and Yangyand had been working on second floor.

Yangyang sat down and took a sip of the tea. He were almost moved to tears.
He closed his eyes and could only think of his grandmother.
The wonderful smell of citrus and greentea were the smell of her.
He missed her.
He missed his home.
So much.
He looked up at Xiaojun "Thank you so much Xiaojun. I really needed this." 

Xiaojun smiled and nodded as to say You're welcome.

Xiaojun stood only for a moment more while he looked at the old portrait of Yangyangs dad, looking awfully sorrow.
But only for a minute before he bowed and turned around, leaving Yangyang questioning why the assistant had looked so sad.
His dad was a cynical man with no goodness inside him.

How could anyone mourn that man?

(A/N) I kinda like doing these small chapters. Are they alright? Also!!! I passed my exam! I can finally relax a little haha. Hope everyone is doing well! Go get some tea! Or coffee! 

Also...currently contemplating buying wayyyyy too many books. But I'm finally back in my reading era and I wanna read as much as possible haha

And go stream WayV's music!!!And TEN's comeback!!!!!!